“Will absolutely stay again without a doubt!”

SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
“Will absolutely stay again without a doubt!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend and I dont have a single complaint. The room set up was great. The beds were a dream. The lighting in the room was even great. The staff was extremely helpful and the complimentary shuttle (even though the showed up late, but it was free so I cannot really complain) and breakfast were a great added bonus. I would 100% recommend this hotel and will absolutely visit again. If going to the city, take free shuttle to the train station and ride it right in. So easy! A+++

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Waikoloa, Hawaii
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Aside from one slight "glitch" (see "Notes and Tips" below), this property is PERFECT for couples, families, and those on business. The property is VERY clean and is decorated in soothing, yet eye-catching colors. The guestroom hosts a slightly different layout with high ceilings that I loved. You enter the room into a living room/office/kitchenette (microwave, sink, and mini-fridge). Your wonderfully comfy bed is toward the back by the window and the bath veers off at an angle from the bedroom. Vanity is separate from the toilet/bathing area (which I loved!). If I were to describe the coziness of the bed in detail, I would most likely fall asleep while writing it - it was THAT comfortable. Yes, most rooms have LOCKED adjoining doors between suites which is all that much better to accommodate families. We had absolutely no problems with noise, etc.

The property features a heated pool and whirlpool as well as coin-operated laundry facilities. While the menu did not vary (why should it?) each morning's breakfast was quite tasty featuring make-your-own Belgian waffles and hot scrambled eggs, ham-cheese omelets, sausage, Canadian bacon, and home-style potatoes. Muffins, bagels, toast, yogurts, and fruits were in abundance and orange or apple juices and coffee, teas, and cocoa provided a very well-rounded breakfast. At no time was there ever a "rush" for food as nothing ever seemed to run out. Coffee and tea is also available 24/7 and if you ever need a snack, they host a "marketplace" area that sells microwave dinners and snacks, ice cream, and a vast selection of beverages.

NOTES AND TIPS:
1. If possible, ask for a room on the second floor. You can then drive your car down to the covered parking area located just outside the second floor door that is accessed with your room key. The swimming areas are located on this floor as well thus providing quick access to and from with wet swimming suits.

2. Want to see NYC but not hassle with driving, traffic, parking, etc.? The property offers a complimentary shuttle to and from the Tarrytown train station where the Metro-North Railroad (Hudson Line) has trains to and from NYC every 30 minutes or so. Be sure to schedule your shuttle with the front desk no less than four hours in advance and be sure to schedule to leave the hotel 45 minutes before your scheduled train departure. I say this because this was our aforementioned "glitch" in that our shuttle driver never showed to take us to the depot! Thus, after waiting for 25 minutes past our scheduled shuttle time, we were required to jump into our car, drive to the Tarrytown Police Department (across the road from the train depot) to purchase a $10 daily parking pass and then drive up and over to the other side of the tracks where the parking lot is located to park our car and climb the stairs to access our platform. Seriously, the train depot is only five minutes from the hotel which is great IF the shuttle service proves dependable. DOWNLOAD THIS APP: This line is the "Hudson Line" - be sure to download the smartphone application "Right Track: Metro North" so that you have access to schedules, etc. The train takes you into Grand Central Station and, if you peruse the schedules closely enough, you can take express trains that will only take one-half hour instead of the usual, one-hour, station-to-station itinerary.

3. The combined towns of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow are beautiful places to visit and the hotel rates are less than half what you would expect to pay in the city. The cost of round-trip train fare for a family of four for two days is still less than what you would pay for a NYC hotel room for one night. Who wouldn't want to stay in the same area as the Headless Horseman?

We stayed for three nights and I regretted having to leave. I cannot over-emphasize that if you're looking for the perfect place to stay as a couple and (especially!) as a family to enjoy the optimal visit to NYC and Sleepy Hollow, then look no further than the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tarrytown Greenburgh.

Room Tip: 1. Ask for a room on the second floor if you're interested in the swimming area and fitness cent...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lerdmann
Palm Desert, CA
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is my second visit to this lovely hotel. The staff couldn't have been nicer, the room was lovely - it looked out on a beautiful forested area. This is a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of New York City. It is only about 45 minutes away, but a million miles away in peace and quiet. The breakfasts were excellent - omelets, scrambled eggs, pork sausage, tater tots, etc. We were going to stay 4 nights - one of them a Marriott free night, but ended up only staying for 3. They had problems with their fire alarms going off - twice. Fire dept. had to come, all guests had to go outside and wait for them as they were the only ones who could turn off the alarms. It was an unfortunate incident and the hotel was not to blame - the humidity caused the alarms to go off. But my husband and I had a 6:30 a.m. flight and we didn't want to experience any more interruptions to a short night's sleep, so we checked out about 10 pm. The hotel did not charge us for that night which was nice of them. I would definitely go back, but hope they have the fire alarm problem fixed by then

Room Tip: Room 304 is a handicapped room if you need one - it is on the main floor and looks out on a lovely...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Glen Allen, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Do you like rooms with connecting doors? You will be in heaven here! Most of the rooms at this hotel have them.

Checked into this SpringHill Suites as it had good reviews and a slightly better senior rate than the Hampton Inn up the street. As I entered my room I noted that it had a connecting door which I despise as noise from an adjoining room is easily heard. I went back to the front desk to get reassigned and was told that there were only a few other rooms available but the 6th floor was all Marriott Platinum members and business-people so I likely would not likely have any noise issues. So I checked in, unpacked, got to work on my computer. Meanwhile the lady next door got on the speaker phone and talked for 20 minutes; it sounded like she was sitting next to me. I went back to the front desk and said I had to move. A very nice lady there named Melissa was very helpful but she did not have an accurate room map, so I hauled the luggage cart around to something like 4 or 5 different rooms she had reassigned me to (but all of which had a connecting door). After taking almost an hour of time (which I badly needed to use working on my computer) I finally landed in a room which suited.

The next evening the temps outside had hit the high 90’s and the room was warm, the AC cycled off and on; would not run long enough to cool the room down. They sent the “engineer” up and he drilled, screwed around, cleaned filters, banged on this and that for an hour while I again tried to do my call reports and sweltered. He finally announced it was fixed. It was not; I called back down, the fellow had gone for the day. I said he should have just switched the through wall unit out with a serviced unit and fixed mine in his shop his leisure. I was told they “don’t have any spare units”. I stay at a lot of hotels and don’t see how a hotel of this size could function without a couple of spare HVAC units; crazy.

All of this meant I was frustrated and much less productive than I needed to be.

So warm humid the last night but Melissa did everything she could; called around to see if she could find me another room in town; ended up giving me some bonus Marriott Rewards points, some goodies from the Marketplace and a sincere apology. Through all of it the lady was friendly; tried to help. On the plus side the breakfast was excellent with great choices of cereals, fruits, yogurts plus waffle irons, hot stuff like bacon, eggs, sausage and potatoes. I don’t use um but there is a bar in the lobby and indoor pool & exercise room on a lower level. Plenty of restaurants nearby including a real good diner.

Room Tip: Park on the lower level out of the weather and hot sun.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Maryland
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I cannot begin to express my gratitude to the wonderful staff at the Springhill Suites in Tarrytown. I booked a wedding group of approximately 30 rooms for two nights. There were family and friends attending from across the United States. First starting with the Sales staff, who handled every detail requested without ever once complaining or telling me it could not be done. The Sales team are very 'can do' at this hotel. And, I can assure you that is not true with the Sales Department at many hotels. Upon check-in, there was a Front Desk Team who were extremely patient as some of us were making more than the usual request. Again . . . yes to the requests. Now, for the ultimate in service . . . I had prepaid for a 56 passenger bus to take my group to the wedding site, which was 15 miles from the Springhill Suites on a Sunday. Over 50 people were standing in the hotel lobby by 3:15 p.m. as the bus was leaving at 3:30 p.m. By 3:45 p.m., my sister realized "no bus". She went to the Front Desk and "wow" . . . they went into action. They called a limo company, taxi company and found a van. By 4 pm, my guests were rolling down the highway. Our wedding could have been ruined if not for the quick thinking and reaction of the Springhill Suites Front Desk. Again, many thanks to these kind and hardworking individuals, who know what customer service really means.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FrequenttravelerMD
shstarrytown, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Wendy C,

My staff and I were very delighted to hear that you and your guests had a wonderful stay with us. It was very nice to hear how accommodating and helpful my staff was for you. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel at home. Thank you again for the compliments toward the staff and we hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 6, 2012

So worth the train ride (about 30 minutes) from Grand Central - These guys believe in old fashioned values - INCREDIBLE Customer service - Clean Big rooms and 1/2 the price that you would pay in NYC OUTSTANDING

Room Tip: Just like being at home - Clean quite and NO DRAMA
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The renovation is amazing, I enjoy my stay everytime. The staff is great and I love the complimentary shuttle and breakfast. Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: I like rooms facing the back.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
shstarrytown, Manager at SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Sarah F,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward in having you back soon. We appreciate your business.