“Sunday Lunch”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Street
Transit: The Metro North train to Tarrytown.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I ordered the Bidtecca di Vitello alla Parma (veal sirloin) for 30$ but it was not worth the money. The meat was stringy and fatty and could not all be eaten. When the waiter asked as usual "was every thing okay" I pointed this out but he did not suggest anything nor offer a reduction. However, my wife's meal was excellent. Will I go back or recommend, no. When paying this amount of money an apology or offer to replace would be nice.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The quality of the food is excellent and the service attentive and friendly. The owner and staff are all true Italians so it helps. I had the Branzino and although it was prepared very simply (the only way to really eat Branzino), it was overcooked so it lacked the typical, rich flavor one finds in restaurants in Italy so I was disappointed. The reason I would not return (and why I gave this an average rating) is that the exorbitant prices destroy the great feeling one gets from a good meal, served impeccably. I really felt as though I was fleeced.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Tonight our family of 5 met at Isabella's in Tarrytown for a small family get-together / celebration. The variety of the offerings for antipasti and entrees ( we have vegetarians and carnivores) and the wait staff could not be more attentive - service was excellent - a traditional, relaxing, European restaurant experience - It made our get together even more special! Thank you!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I live in Tarrytown and visit Isabella's at least once a month. Great wine selection, romantic atmosphere, and very comprehensive menu. My husband loves the chicken caprese or one of their delicious pizzas. I try to be a bit more adventurous and eat a different dish each time we go - the salmon with mustard cream sauce is fantastic (not overcooked like most restaurants). We love it!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I go to a large number of Italian restaurants during my travels and even though this came highly recommended, i thought it was very average. Linguine with clams, red sauce was a bit bland, the service was fair. Wait staff was pushing the more expensive specials hard. Once he knew I was not spending big money on wine and specials I had a hard time getting his attention.