“Delicious Italian Food!”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Street
Transit: The Metro North train to Tarrytown.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I live in Tarrytown and visit Isabella's at least once a month. Great wine selection, romantic atmosphere, and very comprehensive menu. My husband loves the chicken caprese or one of their delicious pizzas. I try to be a bit more adventurous and eat a different dish each time we go - the salmon with mustard cream sauce is fantastic (not overcooked like most restaurants). We love it!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I go to a large number of Italian restaurants during my travels and even though this came highly recommended, i thought it was very average. Linguine with clams, red sauce was a bit bland, the service was fair. Wait staff was pushing the more expensive specials hard. Once he knew I was not spending big money on wine and specials I had a hard time getting his attention.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Was in Tarrytown on a busines trip and was looking for some soup and pasta on a cold night. I ran into Isabellas and decided to check it out. There were a couple of parties going on at the hotel but they found a table for my colleague and i. Service was quick despite the crowds. The soup and pasta was good with more than decent helpings. Did not have any space left for desserts. It was on the expensive side but did not dissapoint

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our first visit to Tarrytown, Friday after Thanksgiving and we def needed a turkey break. There were so many wonderful choices- locavore, organic, Portuguese, Mexican- but we opted for Italian. Isabelle’s used to be an Irish German pub, but is now authentically Italian, chef, wait staff et al. Nice mix of locals and tourist. I wanted pasta which our waiter told us were NOT made in house, except for the gnocchi. It was the lightest fluffiest gnocchi I have ever tasted with perfectly seasoned and equally light tomato sauce. Hubby ordered a veal saltimbocca- it was fine. Salads were good, whole wheat Italian bread (?) w/ very spicy olive oil so so and again desserts not made in house but okay. We had cannoli. We wanted wine – our waiter recommended Chianti $20 LESS than the wine I was going to select and it was yummy. This was a simple satisfying meal in a congenial atmosphere. Family friendly but mostly adults. $140 w/tip for two, drinks and wine

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been to Isabella's numerous times and never had a disappointing meal. The food has been consistently great. Unfortunately I need to grade it only average today and this is due to our experience yesterday. The meal was fantastic, as usual, and the service was great throughout the evening. However, the surprise came while paying the bill - our itemized bill was close to $80, which was accurate, but the credit card bill was $139 or close to this. We called the attention of the waiter and he brought us a correct bill, but never apologized for a mistake/or error. There was no apology, I would almost read his body language as "annoyance". How unfortunate. I will go back but this incident leaves a bit sore feeling at this point. My tip to the guests - double check your bill.