We went this summer to the castle to escape the NYC heat. The location was very good since it was only an hour away but felt far enough outside the city and the air was much better. The breakfasts were very nice and delicious.
The reason for the average rating is because I didn't particularly like the service especially the welcome receptionist. I thought the rooms were mediocre especially the small windows. I thought the price was high. Finally I said it was our anniversary when I booked the hotel and we never received any special attention. The spa was not open.
If you are looking to leave the city during the summer this could be a good option, but I do think they could be doing a better job having such an amazing property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on sprawling hilltop acres overlooking the Hudson River, the main tower of Castle Hotel & Spa forms the highest point in Westchester County. Castle Hotel & Spa is a medieval-style structure that was meticulously transformed into a luxury hotel, offering guests royal-quality service, luxurious guestrooms, and the award-winning Equus restaurant which features Auberge-style, natural French-inspired cuisine. The luxurious new THANN™ Sanctuary Spa is an oasis of peace and tranquility where a holistic treatment approach aims to rediscover inner physical and mental wellness. Only 25 miles north of Manhattan, Castle Hotel & Spa opened as a luxury hotel in 1997; 16 years after being designated a historic landmark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Castle Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Castle Hudson
- Castle Hotel & Spa Tarrytown, NY - Westchester County