“Authentic Greek Food in a Quaint Little Town”
Review of Lefteris Gyro

Lefteris Gyro
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Tarrytown
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed October 2, 2013

For years I have been crossing the Tappenzee Bridge and wondering what was "down" under the bridge. It looked like an area to explore. I finally scheduled a trip to that region. I was not disappointed!
Lefteris Gyro was recommended by a tour guide. It's the only place that I've eaten in Terrytown. It might end up being the only place that I ever eat in Terrytown. On a recent trip home from Hyde Park, I purposely scheduled the trip to bring us into Terrytown around the dinner hour, so that we could stop at Lefteris Gyro.
The food, service and prices are all great.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've written reviews about eateries in Europe NY & Connecticut. Why have I waited so long to review Lefteris in Tarrytown? Perhaps, I became accustomed to the great food in large quantities at a very reasonable price. Spoiled...I failed to acknowledge their 'greatness'.

I've been a patron for over 10 years always at lunch. Once you become acclimated to the filled to the rafters indoor room; once you accept that the staff tries to move people in and out quickly without standing over you; once you understand that you have to wait for a table or two to "free up" so that you can have your delicious lunch, you will appreciate this gem in Tarrytown.

It is a don't miss place with friendly, efficient service. Great food at great prices...Lunch anyone?!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

With the help of our navi system, while traveling from NJ to CT, we ended up on a Sunday afternoon at Lefteris Gyro in Tarrytown....what a pleasant surprise! Upon arrival, we were promptly seated, and within minutes, our very helpful waiter was at our table for our order. Shortly after ordering, our meals were delivered and everything was super delicious! BEST gyro I've ever had hands down. We also tried the lemon chicken soup and had a Greek salad - both a huge hit! We'd definitely go back again!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

What a great find in Tarrytown. The location is convenient, the outdoor seating is fantastic (on the sidewalk), and the food very good. The staff is very attentive and the owners are present and working hard.

Food portions are enormous, most people leaving with doggie-bags. The food is tasty, well-seasoned and simply presented - nothing fancy, just good food. The Greek salad is wonderful. The prices are a good value for the portion size.

Everything is served as it becomes available even if you aren't finished with your starter, so have no expectations there! This isn't a place to have a long drawn out romantic dinner...your table needs to be turned!

If you are in Tarrytown I highly recommend Lefteris for dinner. If the weather is nice wait for an outside table - you will love it.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a nice little spot in Tarrytown. The food is excellent! I love the Greek salad. The dressing that is served is great. The lemon chicken soup is wonderful. All that I have taken to this restaurant have put this on their favorites list. I have consistently had really good meals.