“Delightful and delicious”

Twin Peaks Coffee & Donuts
Long Island, New York
“Delightful and delicious”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I could give this place a 5 but that seems a bit out of line for a donut shop. BUT these are MADE TO ORDER donuts. OMG worth the wait, each one is custom made. The other menu choices are things like quiche (the best I've had), salads, sandwiches and soups and I can say I have NEVER been disappointed in any selection of those. The atmosphere is warm and casual. The coffee is my favorite in town, and I've started buying my beans there to grind myself and bring to others as gifts. Their description of each flavor is like tasting wine. The only drawback I could think of was if the folks in line in front of you had each ordered a box (dozen) of donuts, then you have to wait until those are done before you can get yours. The salted caramel flavor is to die for. Still worth the wait. Can hardly eat only one.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank CathyPH417

Aberdeen
“This is a wonderful restaurant - charming and comfortable”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My family and I were visiting in Tannersville NY last weekend and ate breakfast at Twin Peaks both days and lunch one day. This is a wonderful place to enjoy coffee, donuts or a meal.

The coffee is roasted right in the store, and they serve a wide variety of blends. Donuts too are made right here, and they are made to order with custom toppings. I've had homemade donuts elsewhere before but somehow these were the best. The coffee was outstanding.

They have quite a variety of food to offer for breakfast, lunch or a snack. Pancakes, sandwiches, soups and salads. We had everything but a salad, and all of the food was above average, well prepared and attractively served.

The lady behind the counter that took the orders was a little on the surely side, however that did not ruin the experience since the staff as a whole was very friendly and attentive. You feel comfortable and appreciated here. It is a very nice place to enjoy and meal, and they even have a pool table in the restaurant, and a television to keep you occupied if you are so inclined.

This restaurant is certainly worth visiting if you are in Tannersville or its environs as we were. My family and I certainly intend to visit again the next time we are in town.

• Visited August 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Fantastic Donuts”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My friend has a place in the Catskills a few miles away from this establishment. One morning, we went into town to have some donuts and coffee. My friend had spoken quite highly of these donuts, and I was curious to try them for myself. They certainly lived up to the hype. The donuts were great, little gooey slices of heaven. The lady working there was affable and the service was quick. The interior was nicely done, and I can easily imagine this place as little community hub. With these phenomenal homemade donuts costing only a $1.25 apiece, the prices are great. For anybody visiting in the area, this place is a must stop.

• Visited July 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“A hidden gem in the Catskills!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Did anybody say donuts? This coffee house/restaurant was a great find! The atmosphere is warm and friendly, the service efficient and neighborly. The donuts are to die for and you can order them custom flavored. The coffee is very good and if you sit and sip, you can sample several different blends. (The coffee is roasted fresh right there in the shop.) They also serve great soups and sandwiches. The soups are delicious, I tried the Hungarian Mushroom which was delightful! We had a great breakfast, pancakes and bacon and an egg sandwich which was fresh and cooked perfectly. I would be happy to become a "regular" if I didn't have to drive 5 1/2 hours to get there! I would highly recommend trying this wonderful restaurant. John, the server/busboy/dishwasher/greeter is a doll - make sure you take time to meet him and say "hello". His wife, Susan, is the official coffee roaster among her many other duties. Try this place, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2014
Bangkok
“Outstanding coffee and donuts”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were visiting the Catskills and on our drive thru Tannersville happened upon Twin Peaks so decided to stop for coffee. Both the coffee and the in-house made donuts were excellent and highly recommend a stop if you're in the area.

• Visited June 2014