See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 30, 2017

We rented a home in Hunter Mountain for the TAP NY brew fest. When we got to the home, it was so dirty and nasty we just couldn't stay there. If anyone wants the address to that place message me. I called this hotel and the woman running it (unsure if she's the owner?) was super sweet and said she had a house on the property she could rent to us if we wanted and it was a fair price. House is a bit dated but it was really clean and the beds were comfortable. I am so grateful to her for offering us this house or I would've had to go home!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a clean, simple hotel close to Hunter mountain to grab a late season spring day... Check in was easy and efficient. Room was very clean but simple, fine for me. Mini fridge was a nice plus. Bed on the hard side but after a great day on the snow I could have slept standing up. Price on the slightly high side but location was great, and close to restaurants. Would stay again no problem....

Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2016

we went there because of the price but we were pleasantly surprised to see how clean and neat it was. the beds were comfortable and everything looked perfect . its not your place to go if you need a jaccuzzi or a fancy snackroom but if you need a nice and simple neat place to stay than its perfect. a really nice and friendly family run the place. i definitely would return again.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2015

They call it the Sun View because it faces east and there are no curtains on the windows. Only blinds so the sun comes streaming thru. No furniture but a bed and a dresser. 19" Sanyo television that was at least 15 years old with a remote that worked sometime. The description said "queen room with garden view". Got a full size bed with no view. They should be embarrassed to callit a motel.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank dowds6
Reviewed September 22, 2015

Friends (3 other couples) joined my wife and me for a stopover in Tannersville NY and a morning of skiing at Windham en route to a ski trip further north. Since we made our reservations without much time to spare, and wanted only a 1-night stay, our choices were limited unless we wished to spend a fortune. We loved the Catskill region, we enjoyed a fine meal in town, and skiing at Windham was great. BUT I don't want to stay at The Sun View again. From the rowdy bunch who checked in ahead of us, it was clear that in the winter this is a place for groups that want to get together and be loud. Loud door-pounding at 230 a.m. woke us all. "Igor" and "Ivana" entertained us with their gymnastics in the room overhead. The steps, exposed to the elements, were icy. I will say, though, that the owner has tried to maintain the rooms; the furnishings were OK and linens and floors were clean. We survived the one-night stopover, but next time I'll go elsewhere ... and will recommend that you do, too.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends