“Very bland food. Indigestion. Bad parking.”
Review of Currans - CLOSED

Currans
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
NY
“Very bland food. Indigestion. Bad parking.”
Reviewed December 9, 2010

My steak was overcooked and under-seasoned. My wife's fish was undercooked and smelled bad- she felt a bit queasy that night and the next day. The parking is impossible. Save your money. The restaurant in the hotel at Hunter mountain was much better.

Livingston, New Jersey
“Top NYC quality in the mountains”
Reviewed November 22, 2010

We had an excellent dinner at Curran's last Saturday night. The quality of the ingredients, and the artful way they were composed, was worthy of a top NYC restaurant. Having eaten dinner at Jean-Georges in the city the weekend before, we felt we actually had a better dinner at Curran's.

There were lots of strong, well-matched Fall flavors all the way through the meal. The service was friendly and accommodating and the restaurant had a comfortable ambiance. Overall it was a very nice surprise to find out in the country - we'll definitely go back.

South Florida
“Good food reasonable priced”
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Need I say more. Price Fixed menu on Wednesday night for $16. You can't eat it all and the quality was above avg with an excellent selection of 4 or 5 entres.

Hunter, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bland yuckiness”
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I love food...I respect the slow food movement and and love my community...which is why it pains me to tell you that my dinner at Currans was awful! The server stared off by telling us they were understaffed...which was like an excuse before hand for terrible service (which they delivered!) I ordered the steamed haddock and peeketoe crab cake...it came swimming in the most disgustingly bland mushroom broth (slow food should equate to flavor development right?!) --an awful plate of grey, beige bland rubberized food was placed in front of my seat. My veggies were half cooked (not this elusive tender crisp they server rushed to desribe them as)and with zero seasoning and the "rice dumplings" were at best leftovers from your Kleenex (YUCK!). My husband got the steak with garlic pommes frites-they were slightly above average--but for the price and for the fact that every beer my husband ordered off the "new" beer menu was unavailable,I must rate this experience as poor---if you want a good meal that is consistent get the gringo steak or burger at Pancho Villas---sorry Currans---you look pretty, but taste nasty.

1 Thank Queentutny
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very delicious!”
Reviewed May 3, 2010

My husband and I went to Curran's for the first time the other night.. We were both very impressed. Our waiter, Evan, took the time to suggest food and took very good care of us. The chef, Chef Chris brought out my soft shelled crab, which I thought was delightful!
Everything we ate was delish!
We can't wait to go back for Mother's day!
BTW.. the menu is fixed on a daily basis.