Mountain Brook
$185
$135
$65
  • Pool
B&B Lounge of Catskill(Catskill)(Great Value!)
$70
Agoda.com
Villa Vosilla(Tannersville)
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe main lodgegas fireplacecoffee cakekaaterskill fallsfrench toastadirondack stylemy boyfriendeach morningwine barget awayrestaurants and shopspork bellycast iron skilletsuperior roombreakfast skilletthe bread puddingprofessional chef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed here Dec 31 to Jan 2 and absolutely loved it. The staff was great, the rooms were clean and the breakfast was amazing. I would go back in a second.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Hotel Mountain Brook and Amy Lyn , it's proprietor. My partner and I had a weekend long wedding celebration with our family and friends and it was truly a wonderful time filled with great memories. From the first moment of our arrival we were given a warm welcome by the the whole staff, including hugs from Amy. Our suite, the East Cottage, was large and inviting. The decor is rustic luxury, with its large 2-person jacuzzi. The private porch was the perfect spot to sit and watch the sunset or relax with a morning cup of coffee . The breakfast that was served each morning was delicious.All of our guests commented on how clean, comfortable, and unique each room was. The main Inn, the cabins, cottages, common areas and grounds are well cared for and it shows. The Hotel also has a cozy spa room and offers several services. Several of our guests, including myself, indulged in massages-they were wonderful-the massage therapists that the Hotel works with are excellent. The service we received (from our very first visit to the Hotel months ago) exceded all our expectations. Any glitch that arose (and they were few) was handled professionally and promptly. Amy and her staff consistently provided excellent, personal service to us and our guests. We cannot thank them enough for truly making our wedding wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank catontheroad
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Amy, the host made us feel like family, everything was so nice, the breakfast , room, even the wireless broad band, all A+ .
We stayed for over a week and hated to leave.
John and Terrie

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 6171TX
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Trip Advisor led me to Hotel Mountain Brook (HMB) when I wanted to show my husband where my family would retreat -- back when Armenians would vacation in Tannersville and Hunter where they'd be reminded of the mountainous Old Country. Enchanted by HMB’s website, we booked reservations for a 6-day stay in June. It had been decades since I’d been to the area, but when we climbed along the hairpin turns on Rt 23A, all the memories came rushing back. I knew we'd "arrived" when we passed the famed Kaaterskill Falls and was elated to still recognize Main Street in Tannersville. What a thrill to see a charming mountain lodge with delicate, convivial lighting silhouetting the hotel property when we arrived. At HMB, we’d discovered rustic Adirondack elegance at its best. The fine details in vintage-modern decorating, the charming ambiance, the property’s setting in a picturesque mountain glen were all perfect for a romantic holiday that would include hiking, shopping, touring and getting away from it all. Owner Amy Lyn was unable to greet us personally when we arrived, but left us a charming note with room keys at the main desk. We could not have met a more lovely, gracious and welcoming hostess. When we realized that our bed in the main lodge was too soft, she and her amazing right hand, Erica, wasted no time upgrading us to an extremely attractive cabin with a very firm mattress, and jacuzzi and gas fireplace besides. The dynamic, informative and entertaining Erica accommodated our every whim and was just plain fun to be around (ask her about Little Jimmy’s Italian Ice!). The hearty and savory breakfasts were drop-dead out of this world. We enjoyed local hikes near the historic private communities -- Twilight and Onteora Parks -- as well as the Kaaterskill Falls, and easy day trips to Olana, Saugerties, Woodstock, New Paltz, Rhinebeck, and Hudson (be sure to call antique shops in advance to see if they’re open on weekdays!). There is no question that we will be back. We miss Amy and Erica, not to mention the countryside! Fellow Armenian-Americans interested in a nostalgia trip to the area will do well to stay here. Don’t forget to pick up Traphagen’s famous clover honey in Hunter and reserve for afternoon tea at the Washington Irving Hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Mountain Brook for nine nights in early September while I was in the area for a music seminar at the Catskill Mountain Foundation. I was entirely pleased with my experience there. Amy Lyn, Erica, and Rick were extremely kind and helpful--I needed an extra chair in my room so that I could practice my instrument, and I also needed an additional lamp to be able to see my music--they cheerfully and quickly provided exactly what I needed. Also, the directions from the airport that my GPS provided were not good, and Amy Lyn helped me by sharing a better route back to the airport, including printing out maps and directions for me. There is a friendly, relaxed, comfortable environment at the hotel--very welcoming. The room was tastefully appointed and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed sitting outside on the porch that was shared with a couple of the other nearby units. The setting is quiet and very beautiful. As the other reviewers have said, the breakfasts there are FANTASTIC!!! There are several options for cooked to order morning meals, and the food was so delicious! There are good restaurants right down the hill from the hotel for other meals. As I was traveling alone, safety and security were concerns, but I felt completely at ease at the hotel. I even ended up bringing two friends to rent rooms at the hotel on different occasions during the seminar. I loved my stay at the Hotel Mountain Brook, and I look forward to staying there again in the future--I send huge thanks to the terrific people who operate the inn for the wonderful experience that I had there!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business