“Dont be fooled by the "university" in this title.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Syracuse University

Days Inn Syracuse University
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Ottawa, Canada
“Dont be fooled by the "university" in this title.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was my third time staying in the Syrcause area, as i frequently go there from Canada for shopping trips. We decided on the Days inn University after reschering its proximity to the university. THIS WAS NO WHERE CLOSE. It was in the middle of nowhere right off the highway. Nothing but a duckin doughnut and a cornfield near by. The hotel itself smelt weird, the receptionist was very un informative and seems to be stressed by 2 clients (me + 1 on the phone). We checked in around 9pm. The 2 double bed room was small, smlet weird again. Beds were semi comfortable. Bathroom was out dated. Pop machine was broken so we had to buy some from reception, and they kept them in a cooler!!

Bottom line: Choose parkview hotel- its right downtown, beds are comfy and great service even a free shuttle. -

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tim M, General Manager at Days Inn Syracuse University, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. I would like to touch on a few items that you have mentioned. As for the beds, they are all new Simmons pillowtop beds and we frequently receive compliments on how comfortable the beds are. The drive time to the University is about 8 minutes. As you stated we are easily accessible located just off the highway. The soda machine was not working during your stay which I do apologize, and during that time before a repairman could come we offered cold beverages for sale at our front desk.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pickerington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My room smelled like cigarette smoke although I was on a non smoking floor. There were several small brown dots on my sheet. The breakfast was small. The place needs remodeled. On a positive note, all the staff was VERY friendly!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your comments, I have spoken with my staff in regards to guests smoking in non-smoking rooms that our policy is to charge a fee to those guests and to have the room professionally cleaned to be rid of the smoke odor.

Travelers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

Westford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Overall my stay was fine. The hotel was inexpensive and I got fair value for my money. It served the purpose I was looking for which was cheap lodging as I brought my son to college.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while bringing your son to college. We do hope that you will choose us again for your lodging needs in future trips to Syracuse.
Orlando
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My room was supposed to have been a non-smoking room it was heavy smoke odor in my room. The toilet was too close to bath room was has to close had to lift toilet seat lid up in order to close the door. It was a bad experience for me and my wife. I will not recommend this Days Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I believe that the room that was reserved was for a smoking room and no other non-smoking rooms were available due to the area events and the NYS Fair commencing. The toilet has been moved to not hit the door. This was due to the installation of new bathroom tiles and the toilet was not positioned correctly.