“Decent deal for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Syracuse University

Days Inn Syracuse University
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The location is ideal just off 90. I was driving from Ohio to Vermont and it was the perfect place to stop time wise. The hotel front desk staff were excellent. The room itself was pretty good except for the sink area that was dirty and the TV was static and was an old large tube TV. The reason this didn't get a four star is the breakfast. The area is dirrrrrty. There was no apple juice, there was no batter for the waffles (asked the manager for some and he got it), housekeeping had bags of garbage sitting right next to the eating area in the hall, and overall I was VERY disappointed in the cleanliness of the area.

Room Tip: Like most hotels, make sure to ask for a room away from the elevator.....I forgot and of course ende...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Tim M, General Manager at Days Inn Syracuse University, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
I"m sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than stellar. I have gone ahead and spoken with my staff regarding resupplying items for our breakfast and met with my housekeeping staff and maintenance staff to thoroughly examine the guest rooms for imperfections so that they can be rectified to eliminate problems in the future for our guests.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Newly renovated rooms and the reasonable prices adds great value! My wife and I enjoyed our staying at the Days Inn Syracuse king size bedrooms, toilet was acceotable but can be imoroved. Tv was great.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank mrjaber
Tim M, General Manager at Days Inn Syracuse University, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with your recent stay at the Days Inn Syracuse. We see that you have provided us with a 4 out of 5 in rooms and cleanliness. We would greatly appreciate a few more specific reason that you would expect from the rooms. We aim to provide our customer with a perfect stay. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us a gain in future visits to the Syracuse area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My overall experience at this hotel was really nice. I had the double bed non smoking room with a couple of my friends. The room was clean and everything I expected to see was in place. It was very important for me to have a place that was clean and has no odor. I also loved the receptionist we had when we checked in and out. She was very nice and accommodating with the requests me and my friends had. On my last day there, during check out I had trouble finding a print out of my ticket for departure and the receptionist was very nice and helpful. I was bale to print my stuff out and be on my way. Overall I have to say the place met my expectations and that I am pleased with it. If I go back to that area I would definitely have it as one of my choices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tim M, Manager at Days Inn Syracuse University, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your time in sharing your comments with your recent stay at the Days Inn Syracuse. We look forward to have you stay with us in the future.
ENDICOTT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Me and my wife (Deb) really enjoyed our stay at your hotel, especially, the continential breakfast...very good. The only thing we had an issue with was the smell of smoke in the hallway and on the elevator. Overall, it was a very comfortable stay. :-) Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Peterborough, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were at Denny's and picked up the Hotel coupon book and found the Days inn was across the parking lot, it's exterior had no appeal, The young lady at the front desk was pleasant. We chkd out the room 117 and it was visibly appealing for a hotel in this price range. The coupon pretty well covered the extra cost for Ozzi the traveling dog. The little continental was handy for a quick coffee and a small bite , but Denny's was right there 100 yards away so a no brainer. Upon closer inspection found the toilet to be slow to flush and the bath tub fixtures were all loose. A handy man could fix these issues in an hour. All in All an ok stay in an ok hotel we would stay again room 117 119 121 etc.And the mall was 12 minutes away by hwy. No need to stay downtown.

Room Tip: with a dog take room 117- 127 ground floor there are some close by walking areas that should be clea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple