“Nice experience”

Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Toronto, Canada
“Nice experience”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at Days Inn last month, and it was very reasonable. The remodled rooms on the second floor were very nice. I was a little concerned about the dark parking lot, and the appearence of the outside of the hotel but don't judge this hotel by it's cover! We had a coupon from hotelsaver.com, and upgraded to a renovated room for 55.95+tax, and the room we got for that much money was extremely better than I would have expected.

The reason I didn't give this hotel a full 5 star rating was because of some problems with a girl at the front desk named Dawn. She checked us in when we got there around 11am, and was extremely rude and abrupt. The two other girls we saw while we were there were both very nice however, Lisa and Jessica.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the renovated rooms on the second or third floor!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kelsey F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Deering, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We usually stay at a different hotel in the area but it was booked so we stayed at the Days Inn. I was nervous when we pulled into the parking lot as the building is dated and the grounds very simple. Surprised to have a nice, clean and comfortable room. Recently renovated and painted. Micro, fridge and coffee maker. It was very quiet. Becky was at the front desk when we checked in (along with her cowoker, a tall gentleman). They were both very pleasant and helpful. They went out of their way to help me with directions, bus route info and a computer issue. Breakfast was adequate but coffee was excellent! Pet friendly. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BranLil
WINNEBAGO
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My stay at this hotel has convinced me not to stay at any Days Inn again. The toilet had trouble flushing. I reported it to the front desk the next morning. When I came back at noon they had done something but it still didn't flush well. When I returned in the evening the tank wouldn't even fill up. Had to fill it using the ice bucket so that that it could even partially flush. It was a horrible stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

OTTAWA
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a good stay in the end but it started off poorly. We were initially assigned a room on the 4th floor with the elevator out of order. We should have been offered some compensation or an offer to change rooms but instead I was told the hotel was sold out and I should speak to the manager about compensation. When I checked to make sure we received a non-smoking room, which I had clearly indicated on my on-line booking was a necessity, I was informed it was a smoking room. I said this was completely unacceptable and lo and behold a room on the 2nd floor was offered. Why wasn't I offered this room when I didn't want to walk up four flights of stairs with my suitcases? Anyway, the room was nice; service was very good and the breakfast was good. So I would return but only if I can be guaranteed a refurbished room on the non-smoking floors.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple