“Disgusting and Disappointed”

Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed March 30, 2010

My husband and our two small children stayed here on our way home from Florida. The room was poorly decorated and very outdated. The wallpaper is curling off the walls, the pull out bed was well used, the furniture is in desperate need of TLC!!! We had to strip the bed and have the staff bring us new bedding because our bed was covered in hair from a previous guest. Don't even get me started on the bathroom, what a nightmare. The toilet and tub do not match. There was mould growing in the corner's of the tub in the shower and hair all over the bathroom floor. We did mention our concern's to the hotel staff and they said the manager would contact us that afternoon, well guess what.... it is now 4 days later and no one has made any effort to get in touch with us! Not very good customer service!! This hotel is not worth the money they are charging. We will never stay here again, what a horrible expereince. Not a great way to end our 2 week vacation!! I really hope that not all Comfort Inn's are like this.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Lainey2204
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport

Reviewed March 13, 2010

Let me begin by saying most of the staff and manager at this hotel were very nice and accomodating. When I couldn't get the ice machine to work properly, the manager at the front desk immediately filled my bucket. When I told housekeeping that I had a cigarette hole in my blanket, she replaced it almost immediately. The staff at check-in, although quite busy, were very friendly and got us into rooms before the check-in time. We were at the hotel for a 2-day, 1-night group function all activities, including 3 meals, being held at the hotel. The halls were the rooms were located were very dingy. The rooms, themselves were shabby and in desperate need of updating. It didn't help that they were located across from the hotel laundry area. However, once in the rooms, it was quiet...so that was good. Now, I have to say, I awoke in the morning to take my shower and get ready and there was no hot water! At first, I was aggravated but, found out later that they had to replace their boiler at 5:00 a.m. So, what are you going to do...these things happen...through no fault of the staff or management. Now for the food, all served buffet-style outside the pool area, which was quite nice. The dinner was good (I was actually surprised!). The breakfast was kind of bland and mediocre. The lunch (which was like dinner, Italian-style) was also quite good. The staff was right there to replace empty pans. I've never stayed at a Comfort Inn so didn't know what to expect. So, my review is mixed with good and bad...but, I will stress again, most of the staff were great!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JanM59
reganward, Bob White, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2010

We sincerely thank you for and will pass along your kind words regarding our staff and the food. We are happy your event was successful!

We do apologize and have corrected the hot water issue. Thank you for your feedback it is much appreciated.

Bob White, General Manager

Reviewed February 20, 2010

we thought we would take the hotel up on its family fun package which included, room, pizza and drinks,use of pool, free movie and breakfast the next morning. well little did we know it was going to turn out bad. while the food was good and the movie our boys loved..the first room was a smoking room..which we asked for nonsmoking..they did end of giving us a new room. when we got there the door knob was falling off. the pool water was not heated at all..the worker down in the pool area all he did was text or talk on his phone. then when it was time to get the boys to bed we smelled something funny on the beds like Body Odor and we had just had showered! everytime you moved the sheets or comforter is when it smelled..my kids were begging us to leave and go home so we did! we did complain to the front desk and we received a full refund but I will never stay there again or recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised by the amenities at the Comfort Inn. The pool and hot tub are large and children were having a great time swimming. The pool is even long enough to do laps -- a rarity among chain hotels. The bed had a "pillow top" and the linens and pillows were of excellent quality. The breakfast was plentiful -- my son loved the "make your own waffle" set up. The staff was attentive. The location was perfect -- adjacent to 81 and minutes to the airport. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay. The only complaints I had -- both VERY minor -- were 1) no fruit selections at the breakfast buffet and 2) interior rooms face the courtyard so there is little natural light. I would definitely stay here again for a short visit -- a perfect place for kids.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2009

We rented a two room suite which had two double beds and a pull out sofa. The rooms were decorated nicely. The breakfast buffet was good. The pool was so inviting but we didnt have enough time to indulge in it.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2009

This was our second stay at this hotel as our son attends Syracuse University. The rooms are clean, quit and spacious, it is very accessible to 81 and 90 and all points in between, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the full hot breakfast is very good. Our sons enjoy the workout room, the hot tub and the pool. We have stayed at less expensive hotels, which were dives, but by the time you pay for breakfast and add in lack of convenience this hotel is well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kategirl
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We stayed one night at this hotel. I found the room to be adequate for our needs and it was very quiet, no road noise and I did not hear anyone in the hallway during the night. My friend could hear the people in the other room but only for a short time. We utilized the hot tub...very active water flow. I am short and found that the water was bubbling so much that it splashed in my face if I sat in the hot tub, I stood up instead of sitting which wasn't quite as relaxing. Towels were replaced regularly by the staff as many children were utilizing the pool. The breakfast was nice, more fruit or other options would have been nice. There are three stations to make your own waffles which was a lot of fun and they tasted great. We sat at the bar for breakfast because all the available tables were full, more seating would be great. Overall I think we had a nice stay and I would stay here again if traveling in the Syracuse area. The hotel was very close to the carasoul mall and resteraunts.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
reganward, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2009

Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate your considerate critique of the hotel. Our guest is our only true test to how we are doing, thank you for the feedback! We hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
#20 of 31 in Syracuse
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites - Fairgrounds

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport? Share your experiences!