“very uncomfortable beds”

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Potsdam, New York
“very uncomfortable beds”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Recently stayed here for 2 nights because my daughter had several Dr appts. The room was spacious and we loved having 2 bathrooms in our suite. However, the hotel seemed to be understaffed- the few employees we did see were great but there just weren't enough of them...the pool area was without towels and kids were running wild. The hot tub was out of order and the pool itself was freezing. It took several hours to get the rollaway bed we asked for and then when it came it was unusable! My husband wouldn't let anyone sleep on it and he took the pathetically thin mattress off it and had to sleep on the floor! The pullout couch and actual beds weren't much better. The ceiling over the shower in one of the bathrooms was dripping. Overall, the price would have been great for the size of the suite and complimentary breakfast but we didn't enjoy it because we didnt sleep!

Room Tip: Dont get a room facing the pool- too noisy!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shannon G
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We're glad to hear that you found your suite to be spacious enough for you and your family to enjoy. The dual bathrooms in the suites is very convenient! With it being winter break for many students in the region we understand that the pool may have been busy at times. I assure you our staff was diligently working on supplying the needed towels in a timely fashion. I'm sorry that you did not find the sofa-bed/pullout to be up to your expectations of comfort. We anticipate our new soft-seating (chairs, ottomans, and pullout sofa beds) to be in our guest rooms by early April. I've checked with our Engineering Department to address the dripping above the shower. There was an isolated incident with the ventilation causing condensation on the ceiling. Should you find yourself in Syracuse in the future please allow us to show you that your comments have been take constructively.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The Heater in Room is old load & annoying, the tile installation in bathrooms is awefull , the Eggs at Breakfeast watery & gross, the rooms smell & feel soggy/damp, the shower heads are Junk, the pool is cold. The sheets make me itchy, girls at front desk nice. All staff pleasant just a dates ugly Hotel it's not 3 Star, I'd never come back to this Hotel honestly. We couldn't sleep from the heater noise all night.

• Stayed February 2014
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Although I am confident that the issues you had mentioned are isolated, we take all guest comments seriously and make the necessary repairs and improvements. We are currently in the process of renovating the remainder of our guest rooms and I hope that you will visit us again to enjoy these updates.

Travelers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

Toronto Ontario
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Upon arriving (Feb 15th), the check in clerk couldn't find our reservation. We had 2 confirmation numbers from our 3 party (Perkopolis) with our accommodation voucher. The clerk couldn't be less interested. Telling us not her problem & to contact our 3rd party. It's 7pm on Saturday of the long weekend, we did, no answer. We asked if there was a room still available? Yes but not at the price you were given ! So now we have paid twice. This property is in need of repair. We were in room# 161. air conditioner/heater fan sounded like a 747 & in the middle of winter a little heat is needed. TV volume had to be at 80% to hear the TV. When you book a hotel with pool/hot tub you think you wouldn't have to put up with 50+ screaming kids in the pool, because the hotel rents out the pool for birthday parties (nice touch)! Did I mention the hockey team playing mini sticks outside our door room (love mini sticks). Our bathroom floor had ants marching 2x2 from one side to the other. Breakfast buffet was neither hot or sufficient for the number of guests. Hope this review helps people when looking for a place to stay in Syracuse. Cheers

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TimBit59
Please accept our apologies for your dissatisfaction with your stay. First and foremost, I want to be certain that you were not charged twice for your stay. I will email you under separate cover for the detailed information. This is certainly not the type of service you should except from our hotel. Our hotel is a very popular attraction during Winter break with families traveling locally and beyond. It is also the time for many sports teams who attend tournaments in the area. Many sports teams seek out hotels with indoor pools for the added enjoyment of their players. The hotel staff makes every attempt to control the activities in the pool, with the help of the parents, who are required to remain on deck for supervision. I have shared your comments regarding the guest room issues with the appropriate management staff to take corrective action immediately. We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention. Any time you visit a hotel, please do not hesitate to inquire of any large groups that are reserved, which can assist you in choosing the best time to visit. I truly hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service we are known for.
Brighton
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here one night to shop at the Destiny USA mall. We chose the hotel because it was near the mall and offered the 2 room king suite with 2 bathrooms. Our daughter brought a friend so this worked out great, a king bed for us and a pull out double in the other room for them. The onsite bar/ food service was nice to have after walking all day. My only complaint is one i read here earlier as well and that is we could not get close to the hot tub or pool because of about 15-20 screaming young girls. I assume it was a party of some sort because a lot of them came in from outside the hotel. A woman stood by the side door and just kept letting them in. We booked this hotel for 3 reasons location ,double room and the hot tub to use after a long day walking. If not for the hot tub pool issue i would have given the stay 5 stars. The staff were great.

Room Tip: WE stayed on the first floor to save carrying bags far. With the pool close it was noisy until 10:00...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our guest room Suites. This room type is very popular with families which offers two bathrooms, two flat screen hi-def TV's, and dividing french doors for privacy. You can always expect a great meal in our Atrium Cafe' and Lounge with all the conveniences of not having to go off property. Although the hotel does rent out, pre-reserved children's birthday pool parties for outside visitors on Sundays only, this area is always open to our guests. Otherwise, all hotel amenities are only available to registered guests. We consistently monitor this area to be certain that all rules and regulations are met. I truly hope you will be able to enjoy the heated indoor swimming pool and hot tub during your next visit. Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn & Suites for your lodging needs.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

What a surprise! We booked through Priceline, and were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We were in Syracuse to do a little shopping between Christmas and New Year, and the Comfort Inn & Suites was perfect. It was a short 5 minute drive to the Carousel Mall, on and off the highway easily, and close to numerous restaurants. The best was the large atrium with a pool, which my children took advantage of every day. The room was spacious, clean, and well-maintained daily. My only comment is that the mattress was not very comfortable, but I think we are so used to a memory-foam mattress, anything else would feel terrible in comparison.

I agree with 'allen o' regarding the breakfast staff, but I also saw a lot of ill-behaving children let loose, so I am sure this doesn't help either. Regardless, they could smile once in a while :)

I would like to mention James, who was the duty manager when we checked in on the 29th - he was courteous, helpful, and very pleasant - our stay started off on the right foot!

We would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: We had room 122 (King/pull-out couch), which faced the outside, rather than the atrium - I assume th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay. Our hotel is an excellent destination for those visiting and shopping at the Destiny USA Mall. I am happy to share your positive comments with James, who does an excellent job in providing exceptional service to all our guests. We will be sharing your additional comments regarding the breakfast staff and will be using them as a training tool to enhance the service in this area. I apologize as this is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. I am happy that your children were able to enjoy the indoor swimming pool and we look forward to your return where you can once again enjoy the many amenities our hotel has to offer.
Athens, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay visiting Syracuse.King suite was nice. The only down side was the morning breakfast workers were snotty and more worried about closing before the 9:30 closing. Several guests we heard commenting on the workers bad attitude. They ran out of food and were mad when they had to replace items. Either close at 9 or bring more food out. I was told twice at 9:20 they were closing. I heard them the first time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank allen o
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for the unacceptable service you received in our breakfast area. This is certainly not the type of service you should expect at our hotel. Please be assured that I have shared your comments with the staff to reiterate the exceptional hospitality we strive for with all our guests. I truly hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the quality service we are known for.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We came to Syracuse for xmass shopping. We were used to going to another hotel in the area. So we booked the hotel over the price line website. There wasn't a room with two queen sized beds available, so the receptionist offered us a suite instead.
The carpets looked very clean, as if newly installed. The indoor swimming pool was awesome. a good size, with pretty warm water. the only draw back was the hot tub. I couldn't bring my 7 year old daughter in it cuz it was too deep, but it didn't matter.
The breakfast was pretty divers and the people serving there were friendly and very cooperative. And here I would like to thank Phil Rodriguez for helping us bring our luggage inside the room. Very friendly and professional dude.
We will definitely stay at this hotel from now on every time my wife decides to go to Syracuse for a shopping binge :)

Room Tip: I'd say, choose a room over looking the pool if you have children who want to have a swim for be...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with our future guests. We truly appreciate your kind words and are happy that we have exceeded your expectations and that the Comfort Inn & Suites has become your first choice of accommodations when visiting Syracuse. I will be certain to share your comments with Phil and the entire staff for your appreciation of their exceptional service. We look forward to your return visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
#21 of 32 in Syracuse
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport? Share your experiences!