“Great Breakfast”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Pickering Ont.
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel every year , and have always been happy with our stay. This time we had a Suite, with two bathrooms, it was great for our early morning departure , when we could both shower at the same time. Although we didn't have much time to enjoy both TV's as we had to get up early, that was nice too. We find the breakfast here one of the best, with lots of options, with either bacon and eggs or sausages and waffles The staff is always helpful with directions and very friendly when we checked in.
Our room was up stairs, and very quite, with two doors to enter into the room.
Great hotel !!. We look forward to stayer there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beachglassgirl1
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Comfort Inn & Suites with fellow travelers. I am happy to hear that we continue to exceed your expectations during each visit. We look forward to your return as we truly appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I'm shocked by all of the good reviews! While the room was clean, it's old and outdated. My low review is because of the terrible layout of the hotel. There's a pool int the middle of the atrium with rooms all around it. The acoustics are such that every sound echoes. The pool opens at 8am and closes at 10pm. So, at 8am, my family and I were awoken by screaming children and splashing. We could hear every noise from the pool all day. At night, when I put my small children to bed, they were once again woken by people signing at the pool at 9:45pm. I just find the set up to be very inconsiderate to guests who want to have a restful stay. IT IS SO LOUD HERE!!! Also, the breakfast is practically inedible. The eggs looked like neon hockey pucks and even the oatmeal was disgusting. I will not stay here again! Please note that I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and youth hostels in the US and abroad and I am so disgusted with this place, that this is the first negative review I've ever written.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the atrium if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nina S
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I truly apologize for your dissatisfaction with your stay. Our indoor swimming pool is a major attraction for local and team travelers. To avoid the noise and activities at the pool area, please request a room facing the outside of the building where you will experience much quieter guest rooms, to better accommodate your needs. We are currently in the process of updating and remodeling our guest rooms with new bedding, carpet, sofa sleepers and air conditioning units. We are excited about the completion of our renovations in our Atrium, Lobby, Front Desk, Lounge and Pool areas. We hope you will give us another opportunity to deliver the quality product and services we strive to achieve.

Travelers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Selected this place following a business trip solely for the shuttle...3 minutes from the airport. The facility is enormous--bring breadcrumbs to mark your way. One elevator in the back (did I mention enormous?) serves the hotel. Get a first floor room unless aerobics is your thing. Speaking of, a surprisingly stocked fitness room is in the atrium along with a pool, hot tub, dining area and bar. Loads of meeting rooms--clearly, their forte. Rooms were large, clean, accommodating and remarkably quiet. Would have been 4 stars but for the the very frustrating absence of WiFi in the room. OK signal in the hallway but absent in the room. Manager said he'd reboot and call me back afterwards to check on me--he didn't call. After an hour, I called back and manager said he'd send someone to the room to check it out and move me if necessary---no one came. A long day in Syracuse without electrons. I purposely checked in early to work on a presentation for that evening, ensuring with desk personnel when checking in that WiFi was available in my room--alas. If WiFi is a deal for you, verify its existence before you unpack. But for that, would I stay again? Yes.

Room Tip: First floor!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments regarding the numerous amenities offered at the Comfort Inn and Suites.Our hotel meets the needs of all our guests whether traveling for pleasure, business or meetings/conventions. I would like to apologize for the lack of the WiFi signal in your guest room. I am happy to report that our wireless service signals have been increased to avoid such a recurrence. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Toronto
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was an overnight stay. Priceline.com picked this one for us, where you bid your price and hotel's name will be revealed only after it is approved. I picked a 3star upscale in priceline's star selection where some of the examples were: Holiday Inn, Sheraton Four Points etc. I should say even though is was an OK hotel it was nowhere near those (In my standards I'd ditch a star from this one as compared to places like Holiday Inn.

The place was well maintained with some new renovations (the bathroom looked pretty new) and very clean. The biggest plus was that it was just 5 minutes away from interstate 81 & 90 junction and that was exactly where we wanted to be for our overnight stay. It is also 5 minutes drive from the Destiny USA, the third largest mall in the entire US.

The cons: 1- it has only one elevator located the farthest ever possible from the main reception (across the facility) 2- the entire restaurant was closed for the memorial day 3- the buffet breakfast was one of the most basic ones I've ever seen. and 4- Having paid over $110 for one night I think it was waaaaay overpriced for the value we got.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I truly apologize for your dissatisfaction with the value of your stay. We are continuously trying new products for our breakfast to enhance the quality of the items we serve. I am also sorry that you were not able to enjoy our Atrium Cafe and Lounge due to it being closed for the Holiday. We appreciate your comments regarding the renovations that we have completed including the Atrium, Front Desk, Guest rooms and Indoor Pool. The proximity to interstates I-81 and I-90, along with Destiny USA and Hancock Airport makes us an ideal location. We hope you will give us another opportunity where you will be able to enjoy all the features of the Comfort Inn & Suites, Syracuse Airport.
ROCHESTER
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We needed eight rooms for our family get together. We wanted to make sure that we had a place that all 16 people would be comfortable. It had to satisfy those with big budget tastes as well as small budget family members. We needed an area that we could all get together in and eat drink and have fun. The Comfort Inn & Suites met our needs perfectly. We got loud during the afternoon and early evening in the nice enclosed pool area, how can 16 people together avoid being loud? The staff never bothered us because we were not bothering any guests. The staff was always pleasant and helpful. The hot and cold breakfast in the morning was all that we could ask. The breakfast staff of 3 worked well together to keep the breakfast bar full and the dining room clean. The rooms were very comfortable. I woke up as if I spent the night in my own bed. Even though we faced the thruway we did not hear the traffic. If we can get the same rate we are sure to make this hotel a yearly family event. A job well done by the staff of the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for all the positive comments regarding the Comfort Inn & Suites and its staff. It is a pleasure to share your comments with all team members. We look forward to hosting your reunion for years to come.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Thank God! Finally a clean hotel room. Staff was friendly and professional. Pool and hot tub were out for repairs but that happens. The on site bar was excellent and prices were great. I will definitely stay here again just because of how clean the rooms were. I don't know why its tough to find a clean hotel but it is.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
It was with great pleasure to share your comments with the Housekeeping staff. Our team works very hard in maintaining the cleanliness and comfort of each guest room and they truly appreciate being recognized for their job performance. I am happy to report that the pool renovations are complete and it looks fabulous. We certainly look forward to your return as we truly appreciate your business.
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Buckley Road in Syracuse in May 2013 as we wanted to go to the Waterloo Premium Outlets and to Wegmans for a little cross-border shopping. The hotel room was nice and clean, and the Wifi worked wonderfully in our room. Unfortunately the room was quite warm when we arrived after 9:30pm, so we turned on the air conditioning in hopes of cooling the room. The air conditioner made a lot of noise -- every few minutes it would kick into another gear and at times, it sounded like something was loose and rattling inside VERY loudly -- and it never really succeeded in cooling down the room. After nearly falling asleep repeatedly and being woken up again every few minutes by the a/c, I finally got out of bed very frustrated at 4am and turned it off and opened up our window instead. It faced the parkway, but the sound of transport trucks passing even at that hour was preferable to the noise the a/c was making.
My husband went down to the lobby at 8am and was able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast, but as I am gluten-allergic, there were no items for me to eat (including fruit, which was very disappointing). I would strongly recommend to those with food allergies to plan ahead and pack your own breakfast.
One more unfortunate note - the pool was closed during our stay, so we were a bit disappointed by that.
Staff were very friendly and other than the a/c and the lack of breakfast items I could eat, the stay was okay, but I might look elsewhere the next time we drive down to Waterloo.

Room Tip: Try to stay near "D" staircase - there was a VERY loud party going on near the lobby but l...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We welcome all comments so we can correct any guest service issues. I apologize for the noise of the air conditioning unit. I am happy to report that we are in the process up installing new units. We are also investigating the enhancement of additional gluten free breakfast items in addition to the hard boiled eggs, yogurt and fresh fruit that we currently offer. I hope you will once again choose the Comfort Inn & Suites again for your next shopping getaway.