“Clean, Clean, Clean”

Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Thank God! Finally a clean hotel room. Staff was friendly and professional. Pool and hot tub were out for repairs but that happens. The on site bar was excellent and prices were great. I will definitely stay here again just because of how clean the rooms were. I don't know why its tough to find a clean hotel but it is.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

It was with great pleasure to share your comments with the Housekeeping staff. Our team works very hard in maintaining the cleanliness and comfort of each guest room and they truly appreciate being recognized for their job performance. I am happy to report that the pool renovations are complete and it looks fabulous. We certainly look forward to your return as we truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Buckley Road in Syracuse in May 2013 as we wanted to go to the Waterloo Premium Outlets and to Wegmans for a little cross-border shopping. The hotel room was nice and clean, and the Wifi worked wonderfully in our room. Unfortunately the room was quite warm when we arrived after 9:30pm, so we turned on the air conditioning in hopes of cooling the room. The air conditioner made a lot of noise -- every few minutes it would kick into another gear and at times, it sounded like something was loose and rattling inside VERY loudly -- and it never really succeeded in cooling down the room. After nearly falling asleep repeatedly and being woken up again every few minutes by the a/c, I finally got out of bed very frustrated at 4am and turned it off and opened up our window instead. It faced the parkway, but the sound of transport trucks passing even at that hour was preferable to the noise the a/c was making.
My husband went down to the lobby at 8am and was able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast, but as I am gluten-allergic, there were no items for me to eat (including fruit, which was very disappointing). I would strongly recommend to those with food allergies to plan ahead and pack your own breakfast.
One more unfortunate note - the pool was closed during our stay, so we were a bit disappointed by that.
Staff were very friendly and other than the a/c and the lack of breakfast items I could eat, the stay was okay, but I might look elsewhere the next time we drive down to Waterloo.

Room Tip: Try to stay near "D" staircase - there was a VERY loud party going on near the lobby but l...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We welcome all comments so we can correct any guest service issues. I apologize for the noise of the air conditioning unit. I am happy to report that we are in the process up installing new units. We are also investigating the enhancement of additional gluten free breakfast items in addition to the hard boiled eggs, yogurt and fresh fruit that we currently offer. I hope you will once again choose the Comfort Inn & Suites again for your next shopping getaway.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed with my 10 month old, my mom, my 12 year old sister & my dachshund. We were headed home to NC from Fort Drum & stayed for two nights. I loved the way the breakfast was set up & all the variety. The indoor pool was a plus for my little sister. The room was clean & i felt comfortable with letting my son crawl around. My dog loved it too! He got plenty of attention from the guests & even the staff! No problems with the room at all. The biggest bonus, being less than 2 miles from Destiny USA (formerly known as Carousel Center). AWESOME!! I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying a short or long while in the area!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience with future travelers. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and we truly appreciate the positive comments. We hope you will stay with us again when your future travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went on a girls overnight to Syracuse and Waterloo for shopping. Stayed here for the night as it was close to the Mall. The room was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The pool area was very nice and bigger than I expected. Breakfast was plentiful and the staff were very nice and friendly. Coffee was very good. My only complaint was the wifi, worked fine in lounge, pool, atrium but not in our room. All in all a good experience. Gave it 3 stars just because the wifi was not as advertised, it's important to me to stay connected when travelling out of Canada.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your many positive comments regarding your recent shopping stay. It is a pleasure to read that we are exceeding the expectation of our guests. I do apologize for the mishap you experienced with the WiFi, which has been addressed. We hope that the Comfort Inn & Suites will continue to be your choice hotel when visiting the Syracuse area.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently organized a group to stay at this hotel. From the first phone call to the last check out everyone at the hotel did a great job. They have 2 Bed/2 bath suites for a very reasonable rate. Lots of room to relax. Breakfast was decent/ Staff kept the bins full at all times.
I was able to reserve a hospitality room so that my group would have a place to gather. Worked out fantastic.
A special shout out to Tracy M. from Group sales and the front desk for making my job easy!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

It was our pleasure to host your group during your recent stay. Whether an individual or group reservation the Comfort Inn & Suites will do whatever we can to make your stay enjoyable. Our experienced Sales team works diligently with all group leaders to ensure every detail is handled professionally. We welcome the opportunity to host your group in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hotel ROM was Clean . No windows opened but they faced an interior wall.
The breakfast setup was good and efficient. The dining offered otherwise did not appear very good. Ate elsewhere. Wifi worked but signal was weak and crashed often.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. Unfortunately, the hotel did experience high speed internet problems, however our provider has corrected these issues. I apologize that the appearance of our menu items were not to your liking. We have recently changed some menu items but have retained many of the popular selections such as Pizza, Wings, Hamburgers, Sandwiches, Wraps, Salads, Fish, Quesadillas and many more, along with appetizers, desserts and a full bar serving your favorite drinks. We hope you will visit us again and give us the opportunity to serve you a delicious meal.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The front desk team on check in was amazing. They went above and beyond to provide us with shuttle service to our restaurant. Normally they do a certain radius but made an exception for us which we really appreciated. This hotel is great because it has a bar and the prices are extremely reasonable. We had a king suite and it was massive. Comfortable bed, two bathrooms, amazing. Would highly recommend this property, they understand customer service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for recognizing the hard work and dedication the staff demonstrates for exceptional customer service. It is always a pleasure to share such positive comments with the staff. We look forward to your return.