All reviews beautiful hotel m club grand ballroom beautiful renovation valet parking the concierge lounge original doors restored historic former glory grand old hotel historic feel barber shop bygone era renovated hotel platinum member irish pub restaurant downstairs
Reviewed May 26, 2018

i didnt stay here. i had lunch here with my bowling friends. i was here in SYR for a USBC open (bowling) tournament.

service was slow. staff was more into small talk, seem like buying time for delayed service. i had to have my sandwich to go. although the wrap was ordinary it was good and satisfied hunger. i had chicken avocado with bscon wrap. the french fries that i had to eat cold was tolerable- i still ate it all. was i hungry or was their fries good even when cold! they also have a $10 salad/soup deal that came with dessert. the brownies i was told was delish- soft, chewy and served warm. i was told by myself! i couldnt resist. i ate a tiny piece of the brownie even if not part of my order since i didnt ge the $10 deal. it'll make up for the slow service! :)

Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a recent work trip. I arrived at the hotel at 9:15 AM on the day I was scheduled to check in and didn’t fly out until 6:30 PM on the day of checkout. They were able to accommodate me as soon as I arrived and granted me a very late check out to work around my flight times. I was completely expecting to have to leave my bags at the desk and kill time around both check in and check out, but they were so accommodating! I spent most of my time at the hotel for a conference and loved it. The hotel itself is beautiful and the ball room certainly lives up to the “Beauty and the Beast” appeal. I highly recommend and will definitely be staying here again!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2018

As in previous reviews, there is no consistency in the welcoming nature of the front desk staff. We experienced both overwhelming welcome as well as cool, non committed staff. The housekeeping staff were wonderful and engaging. The one time we used the shuttle to the airport to pick our rental car, the driver was very friendly and steered us to "Pastabilities" which is a fabulous Syracuse Italian restaurant within walking distance.
The M lounge is average, since I had recently been at 2 other properties in Dallas and Westchester, NY, that are over the top. The rooms are incredibly spacious, since 2 rooms in the very classic hotel were made into one as the grand dame was resurrected in 2016. The lobby ceiling is beautifully restored and the conference rooms on floors above are from a Gatsby era. Park directly across the street in the garage for the "Syracuse Hotel" that is only $5 per day instead of the one that is kitty corner from the hotel and $15 a day.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is top notch. Classy restored historic hotel. Starts and ends with outstanding friendly service provided by Julio Caravia at the valet. Lobby and lounge are a trip into the past but fully updated. Staff is top notch. Rooms are welcoming.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2018

Beautiful hotel conveniently located in downtown Syracuse. All of the employees were friendly, especially Julio Caravia and Ace. We were there for the USBC bowling tournament and they had a shuttle to the Oncenter. I wanted to get a massage and they made an appointment for me in a nearby spa and took me in the shuttle and picked me up. Very good service. The food in all the restaurants were very good.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple