“Average...don't get the fish tacos!”

Empire Brewing Company
Ranked #10 of 708 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Empire Brewing Company is a contemporary downtown bar and grill with a brewery on the premises. Here, we aspire to provide customers with the best food and libation available by utilizing fresh locally sourced ingredients. Whether it is vegetables and herbs grown in our garden, hops grown by our brewer, locally raised grass-fed Angus beef, or original music performed by our friends, we give our patrons an experience that can only be had at Empire Brewing Company. The moderately priced and eclectic food menu is complemented by a diverse selection of hand-crafted ales and lagers. In addition to beer, Empire offers cocktails and a large selection of wine. The atmosphere is casual and festive. The brewing facility is housed in a glass-enclosed work area which provides a view of the massive copper and stainless steel brewing vessels. The food is prepared in a handsome open-performance kitchen allowing patrons visibility of the chef and his assistants. The interior decor highlights the industrial elements of the microbrewery, the drama of the performance kitchen, and the architectural nuances of the building. The understated design - featuring exposed brick walls, wood beams, and columns - pays homage to the brewing tradition and the pre-existing architecture. With clarity the aim and materials and ambient lighting the accent, a warm and inviting environment has been created for customers to enjoy the music, food, and beverages.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I read all of the reviews and really wanted to like this place. They have a good selection of menu items and the atmosphere is fun. I had the fish tacos and they were very dry and over-cooked. Instead of the fish being flakey, it was very tough. Service was average at best. I would probably not return.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Food and drink was pretty good as was the service. Bad part was running the gauntlet of smokers outside front door. Beyond disgusting.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I just finished a grueling recertification exam and I wasn't sure how much I felt like celebrating. We had planned our lunch out yesterday, so I stuck with the program. I am glad that I did. Our experience at the empire really cheered me up. I had an ale made with coffee that really was a taste sensation. My husband's IPA was light, refreshing and spicy. He had some chili and a salad that were good. My Kobe burger and sweet potato pie were definitely tasty and done to my liking. We shared a Black Magic Sundae for desert and had some decaf coffee. In short a cut above! We left feeling content and we will be back.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Long-time fans of Empire, we came to Syracuse for the first time in three years and were so happy to find the place jumping. On a Sunday night following a Chiefs game at the ballpark, most of the Armory Square bars and restaurants were closed, but Empire was packed with mostly 20-somethings and 30-somethings having, by the look and sound of things, a great time. Solid menu, the customary delicious brews, and excellent energy in the room made for a very good night out. And our server was excellent. We'll be back.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stopped here when visiting town and Dinosaur BBQ had a line out the door and I'm so glad we did! Great beers and fantastic food, what more do you need? Had the Elk Burger and sweet potato fries, can't go wrong with that!