“Fun, hopping microbrew”

Empire Brewing Company
Ranked #9 of 684 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Empire Brewing Company is a contemporary downtown bar and grill with a brewery on the premises. Here, we aspire to provide customers with the best food and libation available by utilizing fresh locally sourced ingredients. Whether it is vegetables and herbs grown in our garden, hops grown by our brewer, locally raised grass-fed Angus beef, or original music performed by our friends, we give our patrons an experience that can only be had at Empire Brewing Company. The moderately priced and eclectic food menu is complemented by a diverse selection of hand-crafted ales and lagers. In addition to beer, Empire offers cocktails and a large selection of wine. The atmosphere is casual and festive. The brewing facility is housed in a glass-enclosed work area which provides a view of the massive copper and stainless steel brewing vessels. The food is prepared in a handsome open-performance kitchen allowing patrons visibility of the chef and his assistants. The interior decor highlights the industrial elements of the microbrewery, the drama of the performance kitchen, and the architectural nuances of the building. The understated design - featuring exposed brick walls, wood beams, and columns - pays homage to the brewing tradition and the pre-existing architecture. With clarity the aim and materials and ambient lighting the accent, a warm and inviting environment has been created for customers to enjoy the music, food, and beverages.
Houston, Texas
“Fun, hopping microbrew”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I took a friend for dinner pretty early... and then the place packed up. It is a lively place with mostly young professionals and college kids, but was not too loud.
The food is really good. My friend ordered chili and said that it was too spicy. I found that hard to believe... in Syracuse, New York...so I tried it. It was excellent. I took it home and ate it the next day and it was even better.
The service was great. The waiter offered to comp the chili, since my friend was a wimp. My friend got a hamburger and it was huge. He ate the whole thing.
We tried a couple of their house brews and found them quite tasty.
The prices are quite reasonable. I will go back.

• Visited July 2013

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Local, Local, Yum!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I would eat and drink here for every meal if I could. I love the farm to table aspect and the brew was great! Awesome area as well. Went for brunch and the live music was great!

Visited August 2013
Manlius, NY
“CATFISH BURRITO + EMPIRE BREWS = WIN”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Everything I've had here has been great. Their Catfish Burritos however are one of those items that if I do not order, I wish I did - despite how wonderful whatever it is I choose turns out. Their beers are very solid - although I prefer their IPAs. Well crafted setting consistent with service and fare. A good casual alternative for business travel/client dinners. Burgers are solid too.

• Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere, we had brunch with live music on Sunday”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere. Food was good. We're slightly disappointed because we were told that there was live music on Sunday during brunch, but the music only starts @ 12:30. We did get to hear some music as the band was jamming a little.

• Visited August 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Love the Sunday brunch! The food is not your typical brunch fare. It's is very creative and tasty. Love the bloody Mary's!

• Visited May 2013