“Pretty good if you're not picky!”

Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We got a two-double bed room on the 4th floor. The room size was good and clean. Ample linen for the 4 of us. The washroom wass quite spacious and the tub/shower was huge. It had a spa but we didn't try it out. The sink had cracks and had started peeling from old age.

We used the A/C. It was a little noisy but worked great.

The breakfast was good if you stayed away from the eggs and sausage. The cereal was a little moist from being in the containers for so long. The coffee, waffles, yogurt, fruit and juice was good though. I didn't try the pastries.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 7, 2010

The Ground Floor rooms have an extra door to go directly to the parking lot, plus another door to the inside corridor. This is not a new hotel even though it is reasonably maintained trhoughout. Both the standalone air conditioning unit and the bathroom fan in my room made annoying noise when operate. The breakfast was okay but they were not refilled fast enough. Remeber to bring your GPS if you do not know Syracuse well, the hotel location is a bit tricky to find.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Snowbird888
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We had a double double room and used a roomsaver coupon. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the second floor. Everything was clean and the room was spacious. In the morning it was very busy at breakfast, but there was still enough to eat. They had a seating problem which they solved by turning the nearby conference room into a breakfast room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This is the second time we've stayed here on the way home to MA from Ohio. At first appearances, it looks like it's in a bad area--behind McDonald's, next door to a abandoned HOJO's(?)--but it is actually quite clean, well maintained and has a great front desk staff and is very safe.They have coffee 24 hours in the lobby, which is great--there is a juice (OJ and cranberry) machine in the breakfast room which I assume is open during the day, also. It is missing the cookies we've found in other Comfort Inns--that would be a nice touch. We requested a non Pet-Friendly room, as my husband has asthma-we were given a 2nd floor handicap accessible room (couldn't guarantee it had never had a pet in it but they try to keep them on the first floor.) This is getting to be a problem for people with allergies/asthma-it's a dog's world. The room was large and the bathroom was huge--to accomodate a wheelchair, I presume. The AC was cranked and worked fine. The beds were comfortable, the wifi worked. TV had plenty of channels. The breakfast was fine with waffles, toast, bagels, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee cake, cereal and I got my favorite bagel with peanut butter for protein.
We got to enjoy Joey's Italian restaurant up around the rotary for supper again--reasonable and excellent food. We would return here again --maybe using the walk-in book for a cheaper rate than the AAA rate we had...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We had 2 rooms. Both rooms were average. 2 adults in one room, 2 adaults and 2 small children in the other. The best part was the breakfast buffet. ou could make your own waffles. There also was scrambled eggs, which were refilled often. The usual juices, bagels, toast, etc. Small dining ares, tables & chairs.

The rooms were averaged price. However, we were supposed to get an AAA discount, and in the confusion of checking out, noone noticed that there was no discount.

We were in Syracuse because of a medical procedure that was to take place at 6:30 am.

While that was taking place, we checked out (checkout is 11 am., quite early. After leaving the motel, 2 of us took the children to the Syracuse zoo. that was very nice.

The manager was very friendly to the children.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Since I'm usually a frequent stayer with Choice Hotels, I decided to give this one a try. But also because I'm a frequent stayer I thought I would get the best room that I could. My first room was on the first floor. The first thing I noticed was a huge vertical crack in the window. The room itself smelled musty, smoky, and basically gross. I had absolutely NO PROBLEM getting a new room - I was just surprised that they gave this one to me.

The replacement room itself was much, much better. It was a no smoking room in a no smoking hallway, but this hotel does not appear to police its rule. The entire hallway was permeated with the smell of cigarette smoke. There was no hallway ventilation or cooling system so although my room was okay, whenever I had to leave or return to my room I had to walk through another disgusting environment.

The complimentary breakfast, though normally adequate at a Comfort Inn, was very light. The only protein source that I could see were some hard boiled eggs - not my favorite, but I ate one and it was fine. It wasn't until I was leaving that I saw some small yogurts - but they weren't even near the rest of the breakfast area.

One surprise - my bathtub was actually a whirlpool, which helped make the shower areas nice and roomy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Stayed at this hotel one night, a rainy night in December. It ended up being a great night's stay. It is in a quiet area off carrier circle, easy to find but set back well away from the thruway so there is very little outside noise. The area is not busy at night at all but there is a Denny's and a few other conveniences a short drive away. The breakfast in the morning was great, they had a continental breakfast but also had belgian waffles and a great selection of fresh fruit and baked goods. I felt it was an outstanding value for what we paid and I should have stayed there the last time I went to Syracuse on an overnight. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jedixtine
reganward, Sales Manager at Comfort Inn Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2010

Thank you for sharing your great experience at our hotel! Happy Travels to you!