“Dated But Good”

Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is a bit dated but still good. It is currently in the process of being updated. The Front Desk Staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. The cost was fair and very reasonable. We liked the property so well that we stayed here a second night on our way back west from Albany.

Room Tip: There wasn't much road noise but if one wants a room totally without road noise, ask for an odd...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Needed a place to stay for a night before picking my son up from college. The hotel is in the middle of renovations, but it was not noisy and caused no inconvenience. The room was quiet at night, even though the it faced the highway. Most of my room was clean but, they forgot to clean the bathtub (hair, used bar of soap and leftover bottle of shampoo). The room was spacious enough with a comfortable king size bed. The one complaint I have is that there is very little light in the room; just night table lighting, nothing overhead. This made it difficult to read anything once the sun went down. My stay included breakfast the next morning which was a little disappointing as many items were not replenished (at 8:00 am). Front desk staff was very helpful, however, I would not say this hotel is "customer focused."

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We decided at the last minute to stay overnight in Syracuse. Because of it's surroundings I was very surprised how nice this Comfort Inn was. The rooms were very clean and had a lot of room and the bed was very comfortable. We had a room with 2 queen beds but there wasn't much room between the beds. I would suggest that they spread the beds apart more since they have the space to do so. The bathrooms were big also. They offer breakfast in the morning and there was a lot to choose from. The one thing I didn't like was since we were walkins they jacked the price up about $15. So, make sure you make your reservations in advance

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Kathy S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear NF250,
Thank you for the nice review, we really appreciate it! We certainly are lucky to have such large rooms and bathrooms, always nice to be able to spread out. I'm glad you enjoyed the full hot breakfast, the aroma of the waffles is always a pleasure in the morning!
I do want to tell you that we NEVER raise the rate on a walk-in, it is the same as having a reservation so please call me if you like and I will look into it. My guess is that the rates were changed because of demand and you may have seen a lower rate earlier online but please know that we never charge extra because you don't have a reservation.
Thank you again and thank you for staying with us,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

stayed here one night (a Saturday) and found it to be clean, quiet and in the midst of remodeling. I think once the remodel is done it will be very nice. While we were there, it certainly was not a problem. The staff when we checked in were very nice (Mona and Patty, I think) and they called our room shortly after check-in to make sure all was well. Had one issue, our TV didn't work...all we got was "channel unavailable". Contacted the desk and they immediately came to our room and reset the TV as it was "asleep". I guess that happens when the TV gets unplugged for whatever reason. Took maybe 5 minutes and it was fine after that. I had breakfast the next morning in the lobby and, as far as continental breakfasts go, it was good. Warm food was warm and plentiful, coffee was hot and things were nicely presented. The staff kept the area well stocked while I was there. My only complaints would be the bed (too hard for my liking) and the fact that there was a lamp only on one side of the bed...both my wife and I like to read in bed and couldn't that night. All in all I would probably stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear SirVayR,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay; we are so glad you enjoyed your it! Patty and Mona are great additions to our team and I thank you for recognizing them by name, always nice for the staff to know they are appreciated.
I agree that the full hot breakfast is a winner and certainly makes us a great value and I want to let you know that new lighting is part of our renovations and will be completed by the end of the month or very early June.
Thank you again, and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed here April 10-12, 2014 as we were attending a conference at Believers Chapel. The price was good, nice room and great not and cold breakfast. This hotel is fine now, but they want to and are going to start a remolding soon. It will be even better then. There is a McDonald's right next to it. The staff was very nice and accommodating

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Kathy S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear agnes60,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your stay, we appreciate it! The hot and cold breakfast really does make us an excellent value and I will look forward to having you back again; the remodeling will be done shortly and is already super nice so it will be awesome when it's done!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our twice a year shopping trip to Syracuse and this was our second stop at Comfort Inn. We were greeted in a most friendly manner by Kathy at reception. After an hour in our room, Kathy checked to ensure that every thing was to our satisfaction. Good customer relations.
Although the hallway was under renovation, our room was clean and we were completely satisfied. Recommended once again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sunsetter,
Thank you for staying with us again and for your kind words, the staff and I really appreciate it! So glad the renovations weren't an inconvenience, they will be so awesome when they are done, very soon. I'll look forward to hosting you again on your next excursion, thank you again!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Just came home from a one night shopping trip to Destiny USA mall with a few girlfriends. After reading the positive reviews for this hotel I decided it would suit us perfectly for a one night stay. I was very glad we booked. The rate was very reasonable and it was conveniently located right off the NY state thruway. Check in was a breeze and both ladies at front desk were very pleasant. Hotel lobby clean and appealing. We were even able to check in early and get right to shopping. The Destiny USA mall is a 10 minute drive away. Kathy (who I just realized is the General Manager Kathy who responds to most trip advisor feedback) was at the front desk both days we were there so I know she is on top of things. Breakfast bar (always included in rate) in the morning was very good especially the waffles. Breakfast area was immaculate and kept replenished. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is renovating but it was in no way inconvenient to guests. Actually hotel had new carpet smell which I loved. The only complaint I could honestly have (and its minor and another guest mentioned here) was the pillows were very weirdly small! But they did put 4 on each bed so I made due. But that in no way would stop me from coming back. I would definitely recommend this hotel for all kinds of travelers. Yes the building next door (old motel) is boarded up and that could turn some people off but who cares, the area is safe (business orientated) and a McDonalds in front of the hotel is very nice for late snack. I will definitely be coming back because we enjoyed our stay and little hotel mascot Spike was a delight to pet. Don't waste your money on more costly Holiday Inn Express, this hotel fits the bill.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zinfandela

Dear shoppers, thank you so much for your great review! It really motivatest the staff to do even better when they have such positive feedback and we really appreciate you taking the time to write. We will look forward to having your group back again and don't forget to make your reservations for Black Friday, great sales at the malls!

Kathy Shue, GM &