“Reasonable Rate..but rooms need updating and better cleaning”

Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Pros: fair rate, convenient location, comfortable bed, good sized room, overall quiet environment.

Cons: rooms need some updating. Stains on some walls, carpets are really stained, especially in our room. They need a good cleaning or replacment. Wasn't overly impressed with the bathroom (tub), it didn't appear especially clean. Breakfast wasn't as good as some other Choice Hotels I frequent.

It was not a horrible stay, but wasn't overly impressed either. The hotel lobby is very welcoming and clean, the rooms need more attention paid to them. I was told some other floors had more updated rooms. I stayed on a weeknight so it was pretty quiet in the hotel.

The late night staff female staff was extremely polite and helpful and offered some suggestions about area stores which I appreciated. She even asked if there was anything else I needed in my room which I thought was nice and much appreciated. The morning staff were a totally different experience as were not so polite there were two young ladies standing at the desk complaining about their jobs as I was heading up to check out which I find unprofessional. Neither of them greeted us politely and seemed bothered to even be there.

Overall, an average experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Kathy S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear catny402, Thank you for taking time to review your stay and am glad you found us to be a good value and convenient location. You will be happy to know that we are in the midst of replacing all of our bathtubs, and you are right, they did appear less than sparkling clean and were old and worn. I'm very pleased to also let you know that along with the beautiful lobby renovation we are updating all the guest rooms for a fresh new, modern look. We are very lucky to have such large rooms and the new look will be the icing on the cake.
I also appreciate your nice comments regarding the front desk night person and am sorry you didn't feel welcomed in the morning, we always are a "standout' in guest service and that was very troubling and unusual. Please accept my apology, and thank you for your business.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

All I can tell you is try to turn into McDonald's, because, otherwise, you will drive right past this Comfort Inn, which is set behind the McDonald's. Depending upon which direction you approach, you may be forced around a rotary to get yourself back in the right direction.

The rooms were pretty standard for Choicepoint. I appreciated the Internet P.C. access outside of the breakfast room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review your stay, our team always appreciates guest feedback. Since we are right off of the NYS Thruway and very close to other highways, we feel like we are in a good location but you are right, the rotary can somewhat tricky and I definitely understand your feeling about it but I drive it twice a day so I am used to it. I do hope you will stay with us again when in the area and thank you again for your business.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

hard to locate, blink and you miss it.We chose this hotel because it was close toi the I90 thruway and the desk person was not great at directions.Room was ok, NO fridge No microwave.I guess extra charges?but we were not even told by the desk lady.Breakfast area was best place in the hotel.Dont think we would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear zeeguide, thank you for taking time to review your stay; as you said, we are located just off the NYS Thruway but the traffic circle can, indeed, be a little tricky. Our little oasis is tucked away behind the "Golden Archs" and can also be a little challenging if you aren't looking for it. So glad you enjoyed the complimentary hot buffet breakfast in the newly remodeled lobby, we have the fireplace lit all winter so if you return when it's cold you can sit around it and enjoy the ambiance.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed there several times over the years my most recent stay was one of the best. Room was very clean and well maintained. Their Staff is excellent. The lady who checked me that night, I think her name was either Julie or Jill, went out of their way to make sure my stay was pleasant. I had managed to lock everything up in my car along with my keys. She went out of her way to help me out, she got me the number for AAA and let me borrow her cell to call them. She was very helpful and I definitely appreciate it alot.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Angie M

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay, it really means a lot to the team and I showed Julie your nice comments, which is always a great thing for the staff! Our goal is to be very friendly and welcoming and to ensure you have a comfy stay and a clean room, hot breakfast and warm smile from the staff, so thank you again and come back soon!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

For the price there isn't much to complain about, it's a pretty standard comfort inn with beds that might have seen better days but breakfast was a nice option and the hotel looks like it has seen some recent renovations.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Lisa, thank you for taking the time to review your stay, I'm very glad you found us to be a good value. As you noted, we have undergone some recent renovations and continue to update and upgrade the guest rooms, so look for some exciting changes when you return. We really appreciate our Canadian neighbors, thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This was our first two night stay at the Comfort Inn while on a twice yearly Syracuse shopping trip. We are quite familiar with the Carrier Circle area and decided to try a new place to stay.
The desk staff were very friendly and helpful upon arrival. Although the Inn was crowded, the breakfast staff managed to keep the food coming, the place tidy, and the people satisfied.
A quiet place to stay and at a reasonable rate. We will certainly return and also recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for such a nice, concise review! Your words are exactly what we strive to be- friendly, clean, welcoming and a good value; the hot buffet breakfast is certainly a winner and Linda and staff do a great job with it. So glad you decided to try us and I hope we will be your new home away from home while in this area!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We loved this hotel once we found it. It is hidden behind
McDonalds and not visible from the road. A larger sign would be helpful. This hotel was very clean and comfortable. There is a separate dressing area just outside the bathroom, very convenient. The breakfast is very good. Scrambled eggs, sausage, coffee cake, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels, make your own waffles, etc. A large area, easy to get food,
Now for the bad. The front doors open out and are not automatic. When you come with a luggage cart, someone needs to hold the door open. Also there is a curb just outside the door, so you need to lift the cart over the curb. Very inconvenient. You can't make a left turn to get into the hotel and you can't make one to get out. The Carrier traffic circle is nearby. If you love busy traffic circles with 5 or 6 entrances and exits, then you will love staying at this Comfort Inn. I hate traffic circles, so I will never stay here again, even tho the hotel was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple