$97
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$130
$112
$94
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$120
$102
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport(Syracuse)(Great Value!)
$92
  • Fitness center
All reviewsthe club loungesyracuse universitystarbucks coffeeparking garagesu campusbasketball gamewonderful hotelairport shuttlebusiness triprooms are nicecarrier domeup to datethe hotel is cleanconvenient locationupon checkdesk clerkone night stay
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Visited the Syracuse campus to attend the Lockerbie Memorial events.

Although a solemn weekend, we did have a very good stay at the Sheraton. Centrally located on campus with clean, modern rooms. My wife really enjoyed the spacious vanity in the bathroom. Exceptionally nice king-sized bed.

Stayed in Room 606, very quiet and near the end of the hall. Had access to the Club level to enjoy the breakfast and lite early evening snack with adult beverage.

Thank you Sheraton for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank transponding
SyracuseHotelMgr, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2009

Dear Transponding,

Thank you for your recent response on Tripadvisor! We truly appreciate the positive feedback and we're glad that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one. The team at the Sheraton Syracuse wishes you and your family a happy holiday and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2009

SUMMARY: Cozy and comfy hotel in the heart of Syracuse University. The staff was unimaginably friendly and hospitable beyond expectations. It's not the latest and greatest hotel by any means, but it makes up for that with some of the most friendly service I've come across in the US. That's why I'm giving it a 5 rating instead of a 4.

ROOMS: I booked a junior suite, room 312, which came with a queen bed and pull-out couch. The design and room furniture was cozy, with a large window that let in an abundance of natural light. For a Sheraton, I could not have asked for a more comfortable bed or pillows. Unfortunately, the walls and room door didn't do the best job blocking out external sound, but it wasn't a huge deal.

SERVICE: This is where the hotel really racked up some points. Jane at the front desk was expecting my arrival and greeted me by name. Having left SYR airport after a cancelled 6am flight, she was empathetic and made me feel welcome. Housekeepers (who can actually carry on a conversation in English) also asked me how my evening was going. The club lounge attendant knew guests by name and even asked about their family. The hotel is also very involved in the local university community, and even its official website has a prominent link to a girl's hockey shootout and clinic event. While this isn't 'service' it's still reflective of the management and staff at Sheraton Syracuse.

AMENITIES: The club lounge on the ninth floor was a former suite. This gave it a cozy, home-like feel but felt crowded during peak times. I suppose the hot breakfasts, evening drinks, and finger foods always draw a crowd. There was also complimentary WiFi in the guest rooms and all public spaces, including a 'Link' public computer station in the lobby with 6+ computers. The WiFi connection in the room was slow, so I reverted back to using the hard wire. The pool, hot tub, and fitness center are nice to have but just so-so. Also, another big plus is the complimentary airport shuttle.

LOCATION: I'm not familiar with Syracuse, but my guess is that the hotel is as convenient as it gets if you're headed to campus. Upon arrival I saw students walking past the hotel valet on their way to class, just to give you an idea of how close it is to school grounds.

CLEANLINESS: No issues with cleanliness, but don't expect a sparkling new hotel. For its age, the hotel seemed exceptionally well kept.

VALUE: My rate was in the high $100's, which included access to the club lounge as well as the junior suite. I'm not sure how that stacks up against their typical rates, but I felt like this was great bang for my buck.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank wangderlust
SyracuseHotelMgr, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2009

Greetings Tommyrex,

Thank you for the wonderful comments on your most recent stay at the Sheraton Syracuse. We thrive on providing world-class service to our guests and we're glad to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate the positive feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2009

I travel a lot, and I mean a lot, normally the food that hotels serve doesn’t really stand out to me but – WOW!!! Each item I had was cooked just the way I would have made it at home. I am not super picky but when I order Eggs Benedict I want them poached hard - which is what they did!

I also made the mistake of ordering one of their 'homemade' pizza towards the end of my stay... it was cooked perfectly and the crust was flakey and golden brown. I almost opted to order one to take with me – but reframed from being too embarrassed - it was 'that' good. The Creamy Buffalo Chicken one - mmmmmmmm!!!!

One side note, the hotel’s air freshener they used in their public areas was really nice – hats of to the GM for enforcing Starwood Sheraton policies!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank JustMeMPH
SyracuseHotelMgr, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2009

Greetings JustMeMPH,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor! We're glad that we were able to make a positive connection with you during your stay. Our culinary team takes great pride in what they do and they were delighted to hear that they made your stay such a memorable occasion! Once again, we truly appreciate the great comments.

Reviewed August 24, 2009

I've been staying in the Sheraton Syracuse every week for about a month now and have found that it just about meets my needs perfectly as a business traveler. This is a high-quality three-star hotel that, while not particularly luxurious or exceptional in any one area, is solid and consistent across the board. I continue to choose the Sheraton week after week because of its quality, value and the SPG program, which is truly unrivaled.

The staff are efficient, friendly and professional. In one instance the hotel bellman accidentally sent one of my bags off in another guest's car -- oops!. This was an innocent mistake, and the hotel's staff was appropriately apologetic and took extensive measures to make me whole again - going out and buying me new toiletries and keeping me updated on their progress in getting the bag back. Check-in is always a breeze and staff are quick to respond to any request.

As an SPG Platinum member, the hotel upgrades me to suite of some sort about half the time. Otherwise, they give you to a room on the club level, which is indistinguishable from any other room.

Rooms are up-to-date and efficient with good shower heads, sweet sleeper beds, large flat screen TVs, decent lighting and granite counter tops in the bathrooms. Digital climate control seems to work well, and the loud air conditioning mentioned by other reviewers has never been an issue for me. Amenities are standard Sheraton Bliss Spa products, which I quite like. Room decor, however, is quite out-of-date and has an almost 1970s feel. It's as if they half-renovated them, giving them all the required modern amenities but failing to give them a clean, modern look. This an issue shared with many Sheraton properties in North America.

The location - right on the University - is excellent. There is a Starbucks right across the street and lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance. The Renaissance - probably the Sheraton's biggest competitor in town - is cursed with a much worse location adjacent to a highway and right in the middle of the ghetto.

The food at Rachel's - the hotel's only restaurant - is absolutely horrendous. This probably represents the biggest opportunity for improvement for the Sheraton. Think heaping portions of totally mediocre American food. Nothing tastes fresh, and everything - from the hummus to the pineapple salsa - tastes like it is straight from a food service can. The wines are basically not drinkable. It's like they're not even trying to create a destination restaurant.

The gym is small, but well equipped. All cardio machines have built in personal TVs, which is a nice touch. Wifi internet is free, but is slow and unreliable. I generally use my mobile broadband card from AT&T, since it is faster and more reliable than the hotel's wifi.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
SyracuseHotelMgr, Manager at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2009

Dear NYCilley02,
Thank you for your recent response on Tripadvisor. We certainly appreciate the positive and constructive feedback, and I can assure you that we've shared your comments with our Guest Services and Food & Beverage team so corrective measures can be taken. Since you are a regular guests with us, please take the opportunity to come try our restaurant again. We believe that our culinary team will make sure that your next visit exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed August 22, 2009

Was allocated a large room on the 8th floor with a king bed. Room was in good shape with an LCD TV.
They use a motion detector system to shut down the HVAC when you are out of the room and it is a bit stuffy when you return. It clears up quite quckly once the system starts again. Free Wi-Fi in the room and they have 5 computers with web cams in the lobby if you left yours at home. Saw a couple of students using them for what looked like calls home to their native country.
The bathrooms could stand some renovation; they have not been retrofitted with the heavenly bath like some other Starwood properties I have stayed in.
The $10 parking is a bit annoying but given the location I can see that they need some way to restrict access or there would be no parking left for guests. Room service is quite inexpensive by full service hotel standards. For example an American breakfast consisting of eggs, potatoes, meat and beverage is $10 plus a $1 service charge and 18% gratuity. 30 minutes or free promise.
On the whole, good accomodations and the staff were all friendly and helpful. I would check in again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business

Dear AnotherOntarioguy,
Thank you for your recent response and feedback on Tripadvisor. We're glad to hear that our staff displayed the first class service that we are well known for. I do apologize if you felt that our bathroom accommodations were not up to your standard. I do want to mention that we will be renovating all of our guest room bathrooms in 2010. In regards to our bathroom amenities, we currently do stock our guest bathrooms with the Sheraton Standard Bliss Spa products.
Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.