“Pleasant stay on campus”

Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We did a road trip to the US in mid-October and our first stop was Syracuse. I stayed at this hotel because I had a cash and points reward with starwood, but as it turns out, this hotel is in the perfect location! It's right in the middle of the campus of SU, which is absolutely beautiful, and also centrally located in Syracuse.

Every service was nearby (pharmacy, good restaurants, etc.), and walking around the campus was a very pleasant experience.

The hotel itself is newly renovated, the lobby and common areas are great (although the pool area is very small). There was a microwave on the main floor for general use which was very appreciated, and the business centre was 1st class. There is a parking garage with an attendant connected to the hotel, for a nominal fee, well worth the convenience.

The room itself was decent, in our case we didn't get much in a way of a view, but very large and spacious, with complimentary water and a fridge. The room did feel somewhat dated (mainly the bathroom), but it was clean and comfortable.

In general I recommend this hotel for a stopover or even extended stay in Syracuse.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing either University Avenue or the upper campus.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
SyracuseHotelMgr, Guest Services at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Hello JandK786,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We're glad to see that you enjoyed our general location. We love being on the campus of Syracuse University, and as you mentioned we are surrounded by the local shopping and restaurants. We're happy to read that you found our business center the Link 1st class and that you found convenience with our refrigerators, microwaves and parking garage. The next time your travels bring you back to Syracuse, give us a call and we will get you that campus view for your room!

Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again.

Guest services

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed there when we went to drop off our son to college - very convenient, bang in the center of SU. Big rooms, comfortable, clean. Oh yes, got the "pay your birth year" offer!! Cool. Convenient car parking as a courtesy

Room Tip: All rooms are good, choose any one
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
SyracuseHotelMgr, Guest Services at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hello themuscatbonedoc,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. As you mentioned we are on the campus of Syracuse University, and we love it. We are in the middle of all of the campus activity, and we're happy that you found our location convenient. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the hotel, and you were able to take advantage of one of our promotions.

Once again thank you, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Syracuse.

Guest Services

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed for a night during September at the Sheraton. The rooms are nice and large and location is excellent (best part is that is near to Starbucks). If you are a tea person, carry tea bags with you as they only provide a coffee maker in the room. Overall it was a good stay and I will visit again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello Skasera,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. Happy to hear that you found convenience in our location being on the campus of Syracuse. In our guest rooms we do offer a variety of Tazo teas, so we do apologize that you were not able to find and enjoy the tea in your guest room.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Guest Services.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Once again, a very good stay on the hill. Clean room, very friendly staff, convenient to SU. Sitrus on the Hill and excellent option for a light meal. Will always return. Very, very expensive on family weekend. Wish parking was included for the $$$ spent.

Stayed: November 2013
SyracuseHotelMgr, Guest Services at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Hello ScottgNJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us. We're happy that you find convenience when staying with us during your visits to Syracuse. Glad to hear that the staff in which you encountered was friendly and helpful, and that you were able to stop by Sitrus during the busy Family Weekend. In regards to the parking fee for special event weekends, we have shared your comments to our executive committee for discussion.

Once again thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you.

Sincelrely,
Guest services.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

As I lay here wide awake at 2am wondering why my room smells like moth balls, I figured I would turn to TA. I am at the not so lovely Sheraton University Hotel for the first time. My check in was fine and the appearance of the lobby is a bit dated but respectable. I spend several minutes attempting to get my room key to be accepted by the elevator to get me to the 7th floor. Open opening the door of my room I was greeted with the overwhelming stench of moth balls and a blast of heat. It is currently 56° in SYR and can't figure out why anybody would want a room set at 78° according to the thermostat. I opened a window and put on the AC. When I returned from dinner earlier in the night the smell had not dissipated and the room was down to 69, still warm. The last irritating part of this story is that I am a Gold SPG member and found out my 2 coworkers (with no status, here for a conference with me) were upgraded to the preferred floor (that apparently don't smell like moth balls)! I will attempt to check out a day early and switch to the new hotel around the corner or possibly have my room changed. #feelingfrustrated.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Candice F
SyracuseHotelMgr, Manager at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Cadice F,

I wanted to take a moment to reach out to you and offer my apologies that your stay was not up to the standards that you would expect from a Sheraton property.

I read your review on Trip Advisor and I am sorry to see that you decided to leave. I have shared your comments with other members of our leadership team and I am certain that we will resolve the problems you mention. We do value our SPG members, particularly our Gold and Platinum members. I am sorry you felt unappreciated by your room selection. Your colleagues are in rooms with 2 Double beds (while you had queens). But I certainly understand as a Gold member we should have offered you your preference.

I would like to invite you back in the future. If you decide to stay with us again, please let me know and I will personally ensure that your stay is much more comfortable.

If I can be of any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Julie Martin
Director of Operations

Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you're visiting Syracuse University, this is the ONLY place to stay. Well, there are others within walking distance but this is sitting on the campus! Jane, the Front Desk Manager, is wonderful! She treats each and every customer like they are the only ones staying there. Ron in the restaurant is also great. Funny and very service oriented. I like the rooms, location, food, service and staff. I was a bit surprised that the Club was charging for wine. It used to be complimentary but I suppose all good things must come to an end. I still enjoy the snacks and breakfast so I will always stay on the club floor.

Room Tip: The elevators get crowded during the University's special times so I'd suggest a lower floor...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank E M
SyracuseHotelMgr, Guest Services at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Hello E M,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We're glad that you found convenience with our hotel's location on the campus of Syracuse, and that our staff in all of our outlets have allowed you to feel at home and comfortable when you stay with us.

Once again thank you, We truly do appreciate your comments, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here on the way from Niagra to New Jersey. Room has a stunning view, was clean and comfortable. Pool looked much bigger on the website but it was really small. We liked the added security the hotel has as we were a group of 18 yr old girls. We had free parking since we were guest's and had no problem getting in and out. The hotel staff were able to guide us were we need to go. We really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Esther E
SyracuseHotelMgr, Guest Services at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hello Esther E,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. We're happy to hear that you found the view of the rooms to be stunning and the hotel comfortable. Glad to hear that our hotel associates were able to assist you with your needs and requests, and that our security department allowed you to have peace of mind while traveling.

We hope to see you again, if your travels bring you back to the Syracuse area. Once again thank you.

Sincerely