Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe club loungesyracuse universitystarbucks coffeeparking garagesu campuswonderful hotelbasketball gameairport shuttlebusiness triprooms are nicecarrier domeup to datethe hotel is cleanconvenient locationupon checkdesk clerkfree shuttle
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights while in town for a dog show at the fairgrounds. We found the hotel very late 80's in decor and style - little windows - typical sheraton decor.

Restaurant was pretty good - above average food - great servers and not overpriced

hotel is located pretty central to the campus and easy to get in and out of and parking is extremely convenient

Front desk staff were friendly and overly helpful

The mattress in our room was awful - we asked for it to be changed - we are not sure if they did or not as it was not really better that evening.

We would stay here again, and they were very welcoming with our dog - even brought us the sheraton dog bed and bowls for the room!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
SyracuseHotelMgr, Manager at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear CormarToronto,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, regarding your recent stay. While I am glad that you found the staff and the service met you needs, I am sorry to learn that your bed was uncomfortable. As you may know Sheraton prides itelf on the Sweet Sleeper bedding and I am sorry that you did not experience that.

Again - thank you for sharing your experience and if I can be of any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Dir of Hotel Operations

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Nice Sheraton, very nice hotel for a city of this size. Slept well in the rooms which have walls that insulate the nearby sounds (i.e. quiet rooms). The hotel is close to campus and many hospitals/health professional schools. The breakfast buffet was very good and only somewhat overpriced as opposed to ridiculously overpriced as most large hotels like this are.

The hotel is expensive so be warned, but it is nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear hamptondragon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay. We appreciate all of the feedback that we receive and I am glad that we were able to meet your needs.

Happy New Year,
Dir of Hotel Operations

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed for one night in a very comfortable room, well-equipped with electrical outlets (although one was non-functional), free WI-FI, a radio with decent sound (increasingly hard to find in hotels these days), a comfortable bed, and plenty of drawer and closet space. I made the mistake of ordering room service dinner and was subjected to a truly awful veal parmigiana; the meat was utterly tasteless and was so tough that I gave up trying to cut it and resorted to stabbing the hunk with my fork and gnawing on it like a cave woman. The accompanying salad was ok, though. If the food had been acceptable, I'd have given five stars.
The exercise room was well equipped, but it did not have a changing room attached to it, so I had to change into my gym clothes in the lobby Ladies room and then walk across the lobby to the gym. This wasn't a dreadful tragedy, but as a 65 year old woman, I prefer not to have to traipse around in hotel lobbies that way.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SyracuseHotelMgr, Manager at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear TheFrogLady:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel. We appreciate all of the feedback that we receive.

Please accept my apologies that your room service meal was less than acceptable. I have shared your remarks with our Director of Food & Beverage and I am certain that he will follow up with the appropriate staff members.

I am glad that your guest room accomodations met your needs and that you found your room to be comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dir. of Operations

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We spent a night here while visiting Syracuse and carring out some outlets shopping. Hotel is right on the University campus. Parking cost about $13 but you can go in an out and stay all day on day of departure. We stayed on club floor room was quiet and comfortable and had chairs with a cute little ottoman. Overall a well maintained hotel, pleasant staff

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MLDAmour

Dear MandLD,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with the Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to Central New York. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dir. of Operations

Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you're staying in Syracuse, this is a good choice. I stay there most of the time as I am a Starwood member and like the Sheraton hotels. I think this is a good location in Syracuse, a town where there are few really nice hotels.

If you can do the concierge level, you can get a decent buffet breakfast, which is nice and doesn't require table service, which you get downstairs.

This hotel is across the street from Starbucks, which is convenient.

There are workstations downstairs if you need to use a computer and printer.

Room Tip: Try club level.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
SyracuseHotelMgr, Manager at Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Pascal482,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your feedback and I thank you for highlighting some of the things that makes the Sheraton Syracuse a great place to stay.

We hope to welcome you back to Syracuse soon!

Warmest Regards,