All reviewslibrary loungerain showerfloor numberfree parkinghotel restaurantshuttle serviceup to datesyracuse universitybed was comfortablefitness roomfitness centerdestiny usagaragecircularshapeshowerheaddowntown
Reviewed October 10, 2017

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza while visiting my 2 daughters for a family event. The staff couldn't have been nicer. This was a busy week-end with Homecoming ( and both Syracuse and Pittsburgh football teams staying at the hotel) plus many family events. I felt the service was very good and quick to respond to a request. My room was of adequate size and very clean. The bathroom was functional for 1 person at a time. The big negative for me was that my room faced the freeway and I had trouble sleeping...rm 1516. The next morning I saw something on my nightstand that initially looked like wrapped candy.
After close examination I found them to be earplugs!!!! Yes I used them the next night and they did help. That morning I rode the elevator down with an airline pilot and apparently he had the same experience....he used the earplugs!
Ask for a room facing the campus! The expressway is literally a night without rest.
The Bar/Lounge is very nice and you can have lunch or dinner there when the restaurant is closed. The food overall is average.
This is probably my 6th trip to Syracuse. The restaurants aren't great in Syracuse and less you're attending a concert or game....bring a book.
The hotel does provide a shuttle to the airport. There are very few choices to stay in Syracuse so I'll be back as my daughters have a few more years ahead.

Room Tip: Anyplace away from the highway!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
General M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

eoc109

We loved having you stay with us during such a busy weekend. We know our proximity to the highway can bring noise problems, especially if our guests are light sleepers, and are glad you mention this for our future visitors (and made note of the complimentary ear plugs). We hope to see you more as you return over the course of you Syracuse University students academic term.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Beds are ok. Bathroom is too small and poorly designed most likely due to the circle formation of the building. The breakfast buffet downstairs is super slow and understaffed and after waiting for 25 minutes just to get an acknowledgement were told to wait another 15 minutes. Half the tables were open. No incentive or customer service oriented with poor management.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
General M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Ken A

I'm very sorry to hear about the poor service you experienced when trying to eat in our restaurant, this is not something we want any of our guests to encounter. I have spoken not only to our Restaurant Manager, but our General Manager as well, and we are delving into this issue in the hopes of preventing future occurrences. I'm very grateful you took the opportunity to let us know about the problem, and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you we can offer so much more on a customer service level.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night for the Paul Mcartney concert. Great location for the Dome.
Very clean and very nice room, plenty of space. Staff were extremely friendly and courteous. Bar was open after midnight which was a pleasant surprise.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
General M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Kevin G

Thank you for taking the extra time to review our hotel, we loved hearing from our guests, and are so happy we could provide you a relaxing place to rest for such an epic performance. Our proximity to Syracuse University and downtown Armory Square, gives us a chance to be so close to so many exciting things, and we love sharing these experiences with our guests. We hope we get a chance to see you again, should you find yourself traveling back to Syracuse.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

We spent one night in a Standard King Room. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Here is where this hotel receives high marks. We were immediately greeted by a hotel employee who welcomed us to the hotel and wished us an enjoyable visit. We were checking in at peak time, but the desk staff worked efficiently to clear the queue. We were offered complimentary water and a beverage from the bar. Nicholas at the reception desk asked us if we were in town for the Paul McCartney concert and proceeded to give us excellent information about the event and how to get there. He saved us the hassle of traffic congestion by suggesting we walk to the venue rather than take the complimentary shuttle or our own vehicle. He was spot on. We were again greeted as we checked out and asked about the quality of our stay. I would definitely stay here again. Some have commented that the hotel decor was dated. Maybe the bathroom tile could use a facelift, but honestly, it wasn’t that bad. One other thing to add; the first room we were assigned smelled of stale cigarette smoke (non-smoking room). I called the front desk, which immediately sent a bellhop up with new keys and a new room assignment. The second room, right next door, was fine. I can’t blame the hotel for a non-compliant smoking guest. The hotel made thing right.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

BalanceBean

We loved hearing that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel! Having a chance to see Paul McCartney is amazing, and we wanted all of our guests who attended the show at the Carrier Dome to be able to relax before and after the event, and ensured all of our staff were able to help guide our guests to the best options available to get to and from the venue, thankfully our close proximity to Syracuse University helped make it an easy journey no matter what route you took. I'm grateful to hear that our staff also was able to promptly correct the room issue for you, and appreciate you being so understanding. We loved having everyone stay with us, and hope we get a chance to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

We really did like this hotel. Shuttle to and from airport worked great. Rooms were nice. Had this great treat to refresh you on your bed for your arrival. We received a treat from their cooler. We used their meeting space, great facility. Can walk to outstanding restaurants and shopping. They had newspapers for you at the front desk also coffee and water / apples/ bananas. Downside: food at the restaurant not good had to send back due to burger being raw like not cooked just grilled enough to stay together. Sent back, now burned. Meeting space had fruit flies and so did the restaurant. (small swarms)

Upon check in I asked for a room with good ac and quiet. Got a room on freeway side, next to elevator. Oh well at least the ac worked.

If you fly in am you have to shuttle with airline crew around their schedule. Which is fine except when they are late the shuttle doesn't leave without them.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
General M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Thank you for such a detailed review, we value our guests input, and will be looking into the issue you encountered with requests not being honored, we are happy that overall you had a good time, and hope to see you again if you visit again.