“Comfortable, Clean & Good For a Stop-Over”
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel

Crowne Plaza Hotel
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Toronto, Canada
“Comfortable, Clean & Good For a Stop-Over”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Recently stayed July 4th for a night on our way to Manhattan. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was amazing in trying to accommodate our needs (our group needed an extra room last minute). Would return next time we're on our way through NY again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Emilie L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Greetings C27,
Thank you for stopping over as well as posting such a great review! A recommendation is one of the highest compliments that one can receive! On your next trip through (if you haven't already) you should check out DestinyUSA which has all sorts of entertainment and shopping. Our shuttle can bring you back and forth complimentarily. Cannot wait to see you again!

Business Transient Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just recently stayed 2 nights at the Crowne Plaza and we were very satisfied with everything the hotel had to offer.

We checked in Saturday afternoon with no issues and the lady at the front desk could not have been more helpful (I forgot her name, but she handled everything for us). We had asked for a King bed on a higher floor(Room 1909) which she accommodated.

The room itself was very nice, great view, comfortable bed, etc. The bathroom's were a little small but the hotel is circular in shape, thus giving rooms some interesting angles. The bathroom's do not have tubs, but we didn't care as the 'rain fall' shower affect was very nice.

The parking is easily accessible and right next door. You literally only have to walk 50 feet outside the entrance to get into the parking garage, so I am not sure why this is a big deal to some people.

Overall the hotel was great for our weekend away and we will definitely be staying with this hotel again, next time we are back in Syracuse.

Room Tip: Room 1909 was great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jeff C
Greetings Jeff C,
Wow what a great review, thank you for sharing your previous experience with everyone on TripAdvisor! We are very pleased to hear that you had a nice comfortable stay, and that our staff were accommodating to your needs. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

having worked in the hospitality industry I expect a certain quality of service and room standard from certain brands. I've stayed at other Crowne Plaza hotels and this one frankly has turned me off...I would like to ask our seasoned reviewer what was his room number when he stayed here and wonder if perhaps they knew who he was? So they actually cleaned his room before arrival and disinfected the grout...

I have already asked for a room change and it is pretty much more of the same....there is mold on the grout in the bathroom, I'm definitely bathing in my slippers....oh there is no bath tub for those of you who actually take baths at hotels...

I literally went through the room with wipes as all the tables, tissue box and lamps were covered in dust. And this is a corporate rental. I shall most definitely recommend that my company does not put up anyone else here.

Oh, and even on the high floors you can hear the constant traffic from the nearby highway....no double-paned glass here!

It is like an airport hotel, one can bear it for a night or two...but take it from someone who has travelled a bit....I've stay at airport hotels that far exceeds this Crowne Plaza!

Re check in, no one offered to show you where to park your car, no one offered to take your bags up or even offer to help locate your room....totally self-serve here......

Hope this helps....

Room Tip: wish I knew!!! Stay away from the rooms on the highway, no matter how high....I'm on 15th I hea...
Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Mariangela79,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the noise, our facilities and the service you received. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Adjacent parking lot was convenient and still complimentary (the front desk informed us they would be charging a fee soon). Bed was comfortable and the rain shower was a plus. Stopped by the gym in the morning, it had all the essentials for a basic work-out. I was greeted by name upon checkout, kudos to Colleen for her sharp memory. All in all, a solid stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings ObiKwan,
Thank you for your review! Also, thank you for the shout out to Colleen, she is wonderful to have on our team! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel is clean, spacious with modern rooms and a comfortable bed. Front desk staff were very cheerful and the very helpful waitress in the hotel restaurant steered me away from an entree she didn't think was up to standards and bought me a glass of wine to boot.

The internet is in tiers, 1MB connection is free and you can buy up to 3MB for $7.95 a day. While the free internet wasn't particularly zippy, for light web browsing it's just fine.

The hotel is slightly off the beaten path with the disclaimer that a:) I really only explored in one direction and b:) I'm unfamiliar with the layout of Syracuse so take this with a grain of salt.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay and would absolutely stay agin

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Emilie L, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Greetings mb24335,
Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor! We are very pleased to hear you had a more than satisfactory stay with us. Please visit us again on your next trip to Syracuse!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel. Was here June 11th-15th. They still have a wonky elevator system, but other than that, my stay was very enjoyable. Room was spacious and clean with a great view of the city. Bar staff and front desk personnel were very friendly and personable. Bar food was pretty good and there were plenty of flat screens to watch the NBA finals. The breakfast in the lounge was basic but did the trick. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Greetings Hotels2ndhome,
Thank you for your dedication to our property! We understand our elevators are challenging at times, but the system does have a meaningful purpose. Once you press your floor number, it will tell you which cart will get you to your designated floor the fastest. Having twenty floors with only three elevator carts during our busy season can cause a little bit of a wait, but we hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience for you. We look forward to your return to us here at the Crowne Plaza in Syracuse!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights while I was in the area on work. It is about a 10 min drive from the airport and is right on the motorway network so very handy. I was 'upgraded' to the Executive Rooms by virtue of having Platinum Ambasador with the Priority Club loyalty programme.

The room, as everyone has said, it a slightly odd shape - when you get into the room the size was fine (I had 2 queen beds) but getting in the door feels a bit snug and you are on top of your neighbours door. The room was modern and had all the amienities you could want. The bathroom was very modern and had a nice rain shower. The bed was very comfy and there was a fridge that you could put stuff into should you wish.

All sounds great but I had 2 issues - you can hear everything in the next room - my neighbour had their TV on (normal loudness) but I could hear everything - I actually checked to see if the connecting door was ajar it was that lound! The second is the fancy lifts - great to get up and down but they beep constantly - like a hearing test! It drove me insane! Oh there was a third - the air conditioning is VERY loud!!

The bar is good and the barman super friendly. I ate in there one night and the food was superb - plus you can get the menu from the restaurant next door too so a good selection.

I do love Crowne Plazas and this one asthetically is great - but they need to sort out the noise issue!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Emilie L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Greetings aks120LasVegas,
Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor! I am sorry to hear about the noise discrepancies, we are happy that you brought this to our attention as all feedback helps us strive to become a better hotel for our guests. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the in-room accommodations, staff and Library Lounge. We hope that you consider staying with us again during your next trip to Syracuse!

Emilie L