“has become a DUMP !!”

Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Pearl River, New York
“has become a DUMP !!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 2 times prior in 2011 & 2010. The rooms at that time were clean, comfortable and maintained well. I checked in July 5th into a king bed suite (rm#265). When we opened the door there was a musty smell and wall paper peeling. I went to the front desk and asked to change my room. The front desk clerk said that they had no more non-smoking suites available and I would have to make do. While down in the lobby a short time later, A couple who had no reservation came in and were given a king suite, non-smoking room. After they left the desk I asked why i was not able to change my room and the clerk stated that "the computer would not let me" I asked to speak to the manager and she said that they were not at the hotel and would call them. Never heard from manager. The room was dingy had stains on the carpet and there was a blood stain on the wall. When again I notified the desk I was told i was mistaken (20+ year Det. with NYPD. seen it over 100x before NOT MISTAKEN!) Upon check out and waited at desk for over 20 minutes for someone to come out (about 12 noon) I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager. Again, I was told there was none on premises and they would call them to call me back. Again I left my cell and still have never heard back. I will never stay here again and I do not think I will ever use a clarion hotel again !!

Room Tip: avoid room # 265
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed at the Clarion Inn for one night, on our way from NYC to Toronto. We got 2 very nicely appointed connecting rooms (one of them was a suite), and it was obvious that the rooms had been refurbished and kept nice and current (flat screen TVs, new carpeting, nice draperies, etc.). Check-in was very quick and easy, and so was the check-out process. Staff was extremely attentive and pleasant, and went out of their way to help us (with our kids!!) with a smile. Breakfast was complimentary, and had a pretty nice selection of yogurts, cereals, breads and pastries. Bathrooms were fairly sized, with good toiletries included. Very convenient and near the I-95 Thruway.

Room Tip: Try to get the suite - it's very nice, spacious, and well furnished. Excellent distance to all...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marcelo F
Brockville, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Clarion was great......we had a large room with King size bed and a Jacuzzi.The bath room was very clean and had plenty of towels.The a/c and bar fridge woked great.The pool opened that week-end and was very nice.....Staff was very friendly and the supper we ate at the resturant was yummy.We will return here on our next trip to Syracuse :)

Room Tip: room 105 king size bed and jacuzzi
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peanut11_11
Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Just wanted to say that we had a great time and recieved compliments from the parents regarding this years banquest in syracuse. I want to thank the staff for all the hard work to make this a success. We will see you next year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
albany
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Everythings were great, the hotel is clean and safe the restaurant menu is afforable

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sam j
Attica, New York, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We have stayed here before and it was ok, this time will be last time we ever stay here. The housekeeping is sloopy at best and just incompetent to say the least, when we checked in, the garbage was not empty, there were broken glasses from the previous guest. When we got back to our room after a long day at a function on the fairground, our garbage was still laying around, they made the bed, but that was about it. The shower really was not good, there was no water pressure.

Room Tip: Trying cleaning the rooms, do something with the shower heads so there is some kind of water pressur...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
gmclarion381, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
I apologize for the negetive experiance you had at our hotel.

Input from our guest is always appreciated. Once receiving your comments, I reviewed them with our room attendents as a group. It is helpful to have specific examples of how someones actions effect a guests stay in our hotel. As a hotel manager, I encourage guests to contact the front desk should anything be unsatisfactory in their room. This enable us to correct issues right away.

Again, thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. I hope you will stay with us again so that we can show you that what you encountered is not the norm.

Travelers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed in this dump last week on business. Let me tell you, the rooms are nothing special at all. However, they're awesome compared to the joke of a restaurant they have. I sat and ate dinner in the "bar" part of the place 2 out of 3 nights that I went in there. The Bartender "Sherry", is the WORST ever!!! First off, she has multiple sets of friends that she talks to all throughout her shift. You are screwed if you're not one of them! She is also randomly rude for no reason. I watched her snap at this couple because they wanted to order something and she wasn't ready for them. The list goes on. It's bad enough that you've got to catch her in between cigarette breaks and chats with her friends, but wait till you actually get to smoke right next to her in front of the hotel and listen to her yell on the phone while puffing one down before you witness her NOT wash her hands and deliver your food!!!! I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself! What? There isn't a spot in back of the building where she can smoke? The place is ridiculous and that Sherry person is about as unprofessional as it gets. Don't waste your time even looking at this place. Its not worth it......

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
gmclarion381, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
I appreciate your bringing this to my attention. I can assure you that this is not what we expect from our employees. Your comments have been addressed with the party involved. Once again thank you.