All reviews syracuse university beautiful lobby free parking the hotel offers coffee bar sitting area an older hotel shuttle service bed was comfortable would highly recommend this hotel geneseo suite mayflower conference accommodations hospital computers
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We attended a wedding at the hotel and the experience was perfect. The front desk staff was helpful and arranged a room close to the elevator for my elderly mother. The room wasn't large, but it was big enough and well-appointed. The reception was a ton of fun and the food was very good. There is free parking which is a nice plus.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ParkviewManagement, Manager at The Genesee Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear DCaprilee,

Thank you for the great comments on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you want a fresh place and nothing more, this should do it. Lobby is nice and the rooms are spacious, simple and clean. I would stay here again for a quick overnite stay. Oh, the bed was very comfortable.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Luv_totravel121,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I recently stayed there for a 3 day convention. Our rooms were pre-assigned. LIKES: Very clean, comfortable bed, excellent food, comfortable lounge area, charming decor in lobby, bar and restaraunt, courteous staff. DISLIKES: I had to wait until 3:00 to check in, my room: in the older building was smallish and drab. No full length mirror, no coffee maker. Bad neighborhood, not safe to walk in. BIGGEST DISLIKE: I asked twice, and my request was politely declined both times, to be taken by the hotel shuttle to Destiny USA (formerly known as the Carousel Mall), a big area attraction, and not more than 5 miles away. It cost me $15 plus tip each way. I think the hotel has some sort of agreement with the local cab companies. Because of this, I will not stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2012
ParkviewManagement, Manager at The Genesee Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Nancy F,
Thank you for your great comments about the hotel and our staff. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the food and the lounge as well. We are sorry that there may have been a miscommunication; our guaranteed check-in time is at 3:00 P.M. and we do offer coffeemakers upon request, as well as complimentary coffee in the lobby .Our Hotel shuttle is based upon availability and primarily used for transportation centers, the Syracuse University campus and downtown. We hope you were able to utilize it to travel to the appointed areas. We truly hope to have you as our guest the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here while en route to NYC. This is an older hotel that has seen renos over the years. Even with the renos, the hotel has been able to retain its' charm. We were greeted by the front desk staff with a smile and very good service. The rooms are of good size and are kept very clean. The bed are very comfortable and the bedding of high quality. The bar is a great place to go for a relaxing drink. They have a very good wine and beer list and I am sure that there is something there for everyone. I would most certainly stay at this hotel again and recommend to others.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ParkviewManagement, Manager at The Genesee Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Duane L,

What a wonderful review to read! We thank you for taking the time to express your experience. We are excited to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at the Genesee Grand in August 2012 and the room was no better than a flop house. The toilet was not even attached to the floor. It wobbled when used. There was a large rip in the carpet at the entry door. The light bulbs were burned out on the light next to the beds. The bathroom floor had schmutz in all the corners and was poorly laid out. The electrical outlet on the desk was broken. The iron was so high in the closet that my wife could not reach it and once i got it down found the plastic housing was broken. The cost for this "first class hotel" was $300 per night!

I wrote the hotel about this abysmal performance and they have not deigned to respond. Stay here at your own risk.

Room tip: My room was terrible
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Larry B

Dear Larry B,

We would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Please know we strive for excellent guest experiences and we are disappointed that we fell short of your expectations. Your comments were addressed by our department managers immediately after your review on TripAdvisor, but it was unfortunate we did not hear about these issues any sooner. We would hope to have you as our guest in the future so that we can provide you with the exceptional experience that you deserve.