“Tired little hotel in the middle of nowhere”

Comfort Inn Fairgrounds
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Ottawa
“Tired little hotel in the middle of nowhere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed at this Comfort Inn on a one day trip to Syracuse. Picked this hotel because the price was low and location seemed convenient. Well, the price was indeed low and location was close to major highways (we could hear the trucks go by all night). This hotel provides the basics but not much more. The rooms were OK and some renovations have been made but the bathrooms were pretty old. This is pretty much a trucker stop.
So, if you are looking for a place to crash at a low price, this place works; otherwise there are better choices in Syracuse.

Room Tip: There are no restaurants on site or close by. Also, ask for a room on the opposite side of the high...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RLarok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Daphne, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Four night stay on business. Kept getting knocked off the internet, there was no Laundry facility, the breakfast bar was unappealing and left unattended, hallways were cluttered and dirty, location was isolated from anywhere to eat. The staff tried to be hospitable, but there was just too much for them to overcome. I would never stay here again, and it tarnishes my opinion of Comfort Inn's everywhere. If given a choice of staying here or in my car, I would stay here, but its close.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you can't avoid it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

Arlington, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had 2 rooms booked here, the weekend after July 4th. Primarily picked it because it was located just off the highway, we were looking for a place to sleep for the night to break our 10 hour drive up. We had asked for one to be handicap accessible and one regular room. We reached the hotel around 10 PM, only to be told that they were overbooked and couldn't give us the handicap accessible room. We had to settle for a regular room. The front desk staff were indifferent to our questions and took no effort to allay our concerns. They seemed more interested in the fireworks that were going off !
The rooms were terribly furnished, reeked of smoke (we could not breathe in there, it felt like I was INSIDE a smokers' room in the airport) and the cover on the bed had some kind of stains on them.
There also seemed to be some kind of loud party going on on the same floor, there was a lot of noise.
I would stay away from here and any more hotels from this chain henceforth. I wish I could have my money and experience back !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello,

I am certainly concerned in regards to your stay. Could you provide a bit more information as Our hotel was not fully booked that weekend, has just newly furnished guest rooms and located in an area where fireworks were not on display nearby for viewing. Could you possibly contact me at my email address gm.ny090@choicehotels.com with your stay information? I will be happy to assist you!
Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Keeping in mind that this isn't the Ritz, for the money paid it was ok. Not the easiest place to find. Staff was generally friendly. My room was very acceptable and the furnishings were adequate. The bed was very comfortable. Internet accessibility was very very poor. It would boot you off literally every 10 - 15 minutes and would require you to accept the hotel terms again and again and again to log back on each and every time. VERY frustrating. Breakfast offerrings were ok if you like cold cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, etc. I however am partial to hot offerrings when available. This was quite interesting. The first morning I went down and found one (1) covered pan with only two (2) sausage patties in it. No eggs (or similar substitute), bacon or anything else warm. Just the two patties. The second morning there was the same single pan, but this time there were very interesting pre-conceived egg looking things that were rubbery and tasteless. This time there were no sausage patties or anything else, just the egg thingies. The last morning, again, single pan, this time with bacon......and nothing else. So, I guess I can say I got a variety of choices, just not on the same day. Previous reviews indicated ongoing construction in the breakfast area. The only indication I saw of this was the plywood breakfast bar where there were stools set up to eat when the tables were occupied. Since my room was on the top floor, I used the elevator frequently. This just warrants mentioning because I found it very unusual. It worked fine and was quick, however it looked as if it was taken out of a hospital as it was HUGE. It would easily fit two hospital gurneys in it as well as a handfull of people. Not quite sure why they need one that big, but I digress. Overall was a pleasant stay as I kept reminding myself it was not designed to be a 5 star establishment.

Room Tip: Smokers (which I am) get rooms on the top floor and is apparent as soon as you step out of the eleva...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Plattsburgh, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel for the price. Clean rooms, painless check in, good neighborhood. All amenities worked well, room featured a fridge as well. Bed was comfortable and walls were thick. Overall, a very nice stay. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
It was our pleasure!
Thank you for your positive comments and We hope you will stay with us again soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in June 2013 for several nights. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and reasonably priced. It was only about 15 minutes from the fairgrounds, Destiny USA mall, etc. Beds were very comfortable. The free breakfast was very good and well stocked. Check in and out was quick. Parking lot was large and well lit. We were quite pleased with our choice.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for staying with us! Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and We hope you will return soon!

General Manger
Dexter, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We got bumped from the nearby Holiday Inn Expres becasue they over booked the hotel. In any event, they sent us to this Comfort Inn and picked up the tab. The service staff at first ant to accept te HIE guarnatee of payment. This deliberation took an1/2 an hour. As we walked down the dimly lit, dark corridor I was reminded
of the arly 70's motif and color scheme... The dark dank room carried the same color scheme not a place we would have chosen on our own. If they choose to upgrade the faiclity, they might ocnsider including wifi or any sort of internet connectivity. A truly unfullfilling night stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
My apologies you were dissapointed during your stay with us. It certainly was not our intention and I am sorry for any inconvenience. We are making many postive changes through an extensive renovaton project currently taking place. Please contact me at gm.ny090@choicehotels.com I will be happy to discuss an arrangement for a future stay I am sure you will be pleased with, when our renovations are cmplete. I hope you will try us again and allow our staff to ensure a pleasant stay.
MaryJo A