“Good Value - Would Stay Again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Fairgrounds

Comfort Inn Fairgrounds
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Plattsburgh, NY
“Good Value - Would Stay Again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel for the price. Clean rooms, painless check in, good neighborhood. All amenities worked well, room featured a fridge as well. Bed was comfortable and walls were thick. Overall, a very nice stay. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
It was our pleasure!
Thank you for your positive comments and We hope you will stay with us again soon!

MaryJo A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in June 2013 for several nights. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and reasonably priced. It was only about 15 minutes from the fairgrounds, Destiny USA mall, etc. Beds were very comfortable. The free breakfast was very good and well stocked. Check in and out was quick. Parking lot was large and well lit. We were quite pleased with our choice.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us! Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and We hope you will return soon!

General Manger
Dexter, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We got bumped from the nearby Holiday Inn Expres becasue they over booked the hotel. In any event, they sent us to this Comfort Inn and picked up the tab. The service staff at first ant to accept te HIE guarnatee of payment. This deliberation took an1/2 an hour. As we walked down the dimly lit, dark corridor I was reminded
of the arly 70's motif and color scheme... The dark dank room carried the same color scheme not a place we would have chosen on our own. If they choose to upgrade the faiclity, they might ocnsider including wifi or any sort of internet connectivity. A truly unfullfilling night stay

• 1 of 5 bubbles
My apologies you were dissapointed during your stay with us. It certainly was not our intention and I am sorry for any inconvenience. We are making many postive changes through an extensive renovaton project currently taking place. Please contact me at gm.ny090@choicehotels.com I will be happy to discuss an arrangement for a future stay I am sure you will be pleased with, when our renovations are cmplete. I hope you will try us again and allow our staff to ensure a pleasant stay.
MaryJo A
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was a distressed employee from another business seeking assistance. There was a great woman named Sandy Dean who was so helpful and nice. She went the extra mile and stayed calm to figure out the situation. She had hot coffee at 1:30 am and offered food as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments. I will certainly pass them along to Sandy. Please visit us again. It will be our pleasure!

General MAnager
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Comfort Inn is apparently attempting to update its hotels but this one is in transition. We were practically the only people staying here. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, next to a thruway entrance, a closed and trashed restaurant, and a huge RV storage parking lot. The tub and sink were stained and the towels were literally ragged with holes and rips. The continental breakfast is a standard Comfort Inn one with cereal, self-serve waffles, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, baked goods, juice, coffee, milk and more. The two best parts: The price and the beds, where apparently the upgrade has already happened. Oh, and no bedbugs. And even though the hotel has been non-smoking for two years it still smells like cigarettes. The room, however, didn't smell like smoke.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Our apologies for any inconvenience ! We would be happy to have you back at our now newly renovated hotel!
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked two rooms using Expedia's "unnamed hotel" service and locked a very good price (30%-40% off). When I called the hotel to confirm and found out they reserved 2 SMOKING room for me. Be careful if you use "unnamed hotel" service since there is no “non-smoking” room option. I was travelling with my two kids so I asked if they can change to “non-smoking” rooms. The hotel was very nice and did it.

The location of the hotel is good, not far away from Destiny USA, Waterloo outlet and the Finger lakes. Rooms are a bit old. AC is a bit noisy. But the beds are comfortable, and I like the flatscreen. The breakfast is wonderful among the similar hotels. The part I like the most is their 24 hours supply of juice, fruit, tea, coffee, etc. I feel back home on the first day when having apple juice in the lobby sofa after 6 hour drive + 6 hour shopping trip.

The staffs are nice, friendly and informative. They are always willing to help. On the last day before heading back to Canada, I asked the front desk what we can do for the morning. The lady gave me lots of information and recommended several nice spots. We finally had an extremely good time at the zoo. (I have to say, $8 for adults, $4 for kids, we need to paid triple to visit a zoo in Canada with the same level of quality. Sigh…..)

One problem with this hotel, there is no lock or card swipe system on the side doors. Basically anyone can come in the building from the side doors. I really wish they can do something on this.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! I hope you will stop by again to stay with us. It would be a pleasure ! have a wonderful summer!
Belmont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

On this particular trip I only stayed one night (May 29). I have stayed here before on several occasions and found the beds comfortable, the rooms clean and well-kept, and the staff very friendly and helpful. This trip I was very grateful and pleased with an unknown housekeeper who proved that there are still good and honest people in this world, and I will be forever grateful to her. I carelessly placed my driver's license, debit card, and cash in the bedside table's drawer, and forgot about it as I was packing to leave. When the housekeeper came in to clean the room, she discovered the oversight on my part and turned everything into the main desk. The person on duty then proceeded to contact me. I thank the housekeeper and the main desk staff for their caring and honesty. God bless you all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us Barbara and thank you for your positive comments. We hope to see you again soon!