“Staff goes the "extra mile". Comfortable and clean.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Fairgrounds

Comfort Inn Fairgrounds
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Belmont
“Staff goes the "extra mile". Comfortable and clean.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

On this particular trip I only stayed one night (May 29). I have stayed here before on several occasions and found the beds comfortable, the rooms clean and well-kept, and the staff very friendly and helpful. This trip I was very grateful and pleased with an unknown housekeeper who proved that there are still good and honest people in this world, and I will be forever grateful to her. I carelessly placed my driver's license, debit card, and cash in the bedside table's drawer, and forgot about it as I was packing to leave. When the housekeeper came in to clean the room, she discovered the oversight on my part and turned everything into the main desk. The person on duty then proceeded to contact me. I thank the housekeeper and the main desk staff for their caring and honesty. God bless you all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us Barbara and thank you for your positive comments. We hope to see you again soon!

MaryJo A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Basic, but, acceptable accommodations for a short term stay. Easy/Excellent access off the highway. Plenty of parking and a good complimentary breakfast with limited seating. Front desk staff was very helpful/friendly. We stayed one evening for shopping and it's in a great location as it's just in between the Waterloo Outlet and the Destiny USA Mall (formally called Carousel Mall). The Hotel recommended a nearby restaurant "Quaker Steak & Lube." What a great recommendation that was! Amazing atmosphere with bikes, cars, gas pumps, etc. as their decor and the food was fabulous. The best wings ever!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Your comments are certainly appreciated!

Thank you for staying with us! I hope you will stop back and visit us again soon as we continue to make many positive improvements!

port st lucie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had a great stay. Teri and rest of staff couldn't do enough to make my visit more comfortable. Asked to change rooms and were very accommodating. Breakfast buffet was beyond expectations including fruits, waffles, juices, sausage etc etc. Room more than meet my needs(clean and roomy).

Room Tip: Although near major highways located a distance from shopping and restaurants.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review! Our staff really appreciated your comments! I hope you will stay with us again soon!

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The location was good, just right outside of the city and nearby where I needed to be. It's only 20 minutes away from the Carousel/Destiny USA mall. The hotel was under construction, but was presentable in the lobby and dining area. The hotel offered a hot continental breakfast, which was good. And coffee is offered anytime of day. There was a small exercise room. The room was neat and clean - nice/new like carpets and bedspreads. However, the bathroom needed some renovation work. The sink was stained, the mirror showed wear, wall paper was peeling in a few areas, and there appeared to be a couple of water stains on the ceiling. The tile floor in the bathroom appeared new. I stayed in room #217.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. We hope you will stop in again to see what we have done with the new renovations! The bathrooms, as you mentioned are definately on our list as well!
Stop in again, we would love to have you continue to stay with us!

New Paltz
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn Fairgrounds for my niece's graduation. My sisters were staying at this property so that is why I booked a room. My room on the first floor had a king bed, flat screen tv, fridge, microwave, coffe pot, and a whirlpool tub/shower. The bed was firm, just the way I like it. The breakfast area clearly is in renovation with just big square tables which made it akward for smaller parties to eat breakfast by yourself. The breakfast was ok, not as good as some other Comfort Inns I've stayed at.. but ok. There isn't a restaurant nearby, usually when I stay at a Comfort Inn the property is situated next to at least one or sometimes two restaurants within walking distance so that is a minus. But I did google ahead of time to find out about the property and brought a cooler with a sandwich since I knew I wold be arriving later in the evening and not wanting to drive to a mall for a dinner. The side doors for this property do NOT have security locks to open with your room key. I have never stayed at a property where you could just walk in a side door like that without a room key to swipe on entrance. They really need to fix that for the security of the guests.

Room Tip: If you plan to arrive later in the evening don't count on a restaurant near by, stop first for a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us! Stop in again, our breakfast area is now complete with much color, comfort and smaller tables as you requested! The side entrance door room key entrance concern you mentioned is on our list as well! We hope to see you again soon!

Wright City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stopped off for one night while heading across NY state on I-90. If you don't have a GPS it can be confusing to get to even though it sits right next to the Thruway. Breakfast room was under construction but you could still get to everything. Breakfast was nothing to get excited about but it worked in a pinch. The room was really quite nice. You could tell it was an older hotel... my guess is a Hampton Inn in its previous life. Bed was OK... did have nice new carpet and furniture. I'm heading back the same way in a couple of days but I think I'll skip this hotel this time through. Staff that I dealt with was pretty good. Hotel seems to sit pretty much by itself. I didn't see any restaurants of any kind going to or from the hotel.

Room Tip: There are plenty of other hotels in the Syracuse area. Maybe it will be better when they finish the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Your comments are appreciated. We are making alot of changes and our renovations are moving in a positive direction. Our staff would love to have you return to stay with us again!

Brookline, NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

As treetuner wrote the hotel is under going a renovation. I was very please with the friendly staff and comfortable bed. Room was clean, not immaculate, but clean. My room had new furnishings and the only bad experience was the refrigerator froze food and drinks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us! Your comments certainly assist us in taking care of issues that need attention! We hope to see you again as we move forward with our new changes!