Comfort Inn Fairgrounds
$89
$113
$104
Hampton.com
Best Western The Inn At The Fairgrounds(Syracuse)(Great Value!)
$88
$85
Quality Inn & Suites Downtown(Syracuse)(Great Value!)
$110
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$170
$161
All reviewswaffleshard boiled eggssmall exercise roomclean roomsbasic hotelnew yorklounge areastayed here for two nightsice machinebed was very comfortablestate fairgroundsrestaurants within walking distancehotel is locatedbreakfast roomdecent breakfaststay there againfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The location was good, just right outside of the city and nearby where I needed to be. It's only 20 minutes away from the Carousel/Destiny USA mall. The hotel was under construction, but was presentable in the lobby and dining area. The hotel offered a hot continental breakfast, which was good. And coffee is offered anytime of day. There was a small exercise room. The room was neat and clean - nice/new like carpets and bedspreads. However, the bathroom needed some renovation work. The sink was stained, the mirror showed wear, wall paper was peeling in a few areas, and there appeared to be a couple of water stains on the ceiling. The tile floor in the bathroom appeared new. I stayed in room #217.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. We hope you will stop in again to see what we have done with the new renovations! The bathrooms, as you mentioned are definately on our list as well!
Stop in again, we would love to have you continue to stay with us!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn Fairgrounds for my niece's graduation. My sisters were staying at this property so that is why I booked a room. My room on the first floor had a king bed, flat screen tv, fridge, microwave, coffe pot, and a whirlpool tub/shower. The bed was firm, just the way I like it. The breakfast area clearly is in renovation with just big square tables which made it akward for smaller parties to eat breakfast by yourself. The breakfast was ok, not as good as some other Comfort Inns I've stayed at.. but ok. There isn't a restaurant nearby, usually when I stay at a Comfort Inn the property is situated next to at least one or sometimes two restaurants within walking distance so that is a minus. But I did google ahead of time to find out about the property and brought a cooler with a sandwich since I knew I wold be arriving later in the evening and not wanting to drive to a mall for a dinner. The side doors for this property do NOT have security locks to open with your room key. I have never stayed at a property where you could just walk in a side door like that without a room key to swipe on entrance. They really need to fix that for the security of the guests.

Room Tip: If you plan to arrive later in the evening don't count on a restaurant near by, stop first for a bite to eat or you will have to drive to get something for dinner. Be aware that the side doors are not secure, anyone can come right in, so watch your self and your belongings carefully.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us! Stop in again, our breakfast area is now complete with much color, comfort and smaller tables as you requested! The side entrance door room key entrance concern you mentioned is on our list as well! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stopped off for one night while heading across NY state on I-90. If you don't have a GPS it can be confusing to get to even though it sits right next to the Thruway. Breakfast room was under construction but you could still get to everything. Breakfast was nothing to get excited about but it worked in a pinch. The room was really quite nice. You could tell it was an older hotel... my guess is a Hampton Inn in its previous life. Bed was OK... did have nice new carpet and furniture. I'm heading back the same way in a couple of days but I think I'll skip this hotel this time through. Staff that I dealt with was pretty good. Hotel seems to sit pretty much by itself. I didn't see any restaurants of any kind going to or from the hotel.

Room Tip: There are plenty of other hotels in the Syracuse area. Maybe it will be better when they finish the remodel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Your comments are appreciated. We are making alot of changes and our renovations are moving in a positive direction. Our staff would love to have you return to stay with us again!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

As treetuner wrote the hotel is under going a renovation. I was very please with the friendly staff and comfortable bed. Room was clean, not immaculate, but clean. My room had new furnishings and the only bad experience was the refrigerator froze food and drinks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us! Your comments certainly assist us in taking care of issues that need attention! We hope to see you again as we move forward with our new changes!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hotel has been under rennovation for at least 2 years. It's the breakfast area's turn now which will be roomier and updated Many dog-show people were there this week-end, and even tho breakfast isn't scheduled til 6:30am, the staff had it ready for us before 6:00am every morning! Furnishings in our room were a bit worn (hand towels were frayed and bedspreads were worn), but housekeeping was top notch. Staff added additional trash cans at side entrances for dog-waste pick-ups. Also, I left our toiletries bag in the room at check out, and the staff gladly overnighted it to me (for a fee, of course). Any inconveniences due to the reconstruction are made up for by the customer-oriented staff. Thank YOU.

Room Tip: Hotel is situated between the NYS Thruway with an adjacent exit and I-690. The 690 side has less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Hello Again!

So glad you have returned to stay with us ! It is always a pleasure! We are, as you know making some positive changes to our hotel. Your comments are always greatly appreciated! Thank you for the comment on the bedspreads, I am happy to tell you that this is one of our upcoming changes!
looking forward to have you stay with us again!