“ourstanding”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was our first time at a Texas Roadhouse. The food was amazing, and the staff was fabulous! Wonderful food, service, and atmosphere

There are newer reviews for Texas Roadhouse

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The first thing I noticed when walking in was a trail of peanut shells and wait staff wearing company t-shirts with the slogan, "I love (a heart) my job." In today’s world where most everyone is miserable at work I found this to be a possible breath of fresh air if true. The second thing I noticed, which got me pumped, was the various cuts of meat on display in a glass fronted meat cooler. Before I was seated I had to have a direct conversation with the man on the other side of the counter because having the ability to see your cut of beef or have one custom cut is something you rarely come across these days. It only took about 30 seconds for me to order a boneless, 32 ounce strip steak. At that point my day had been made but I was cautious because many a rouge chef has ruined a beautiful steak so they jury was still out.
This place had a lot going on that created a lot of noise. Just about all tables were full, many parties had very young children and there seemed to be a birthday celebrations breaking out all over that ended with a swarm of staff healing , Yeeha! I was expecting tumble weed to blow through next.
They start you off with a small bucket of peanuts and some fresh roles that are accompanied with cinnamon butter. Knowing that I had a date shortly with a side of beef, I opted not to be tempted by either and held out. I did get a Caesar salad which was chilled, crisp and pre-mixed. I added some ground pepper and was good to go. So the after a wait of about 15 minutes, the star of the night was delivered … what a beauty. Perfect grill marks and not much plate left to show because of the size. The waitress asked me to cut into it to verify it was done as ordered. A quick cut in the middle proved it to be done to perfection (medium)! Two sides come with it so I opted for a baked potato and fresh vegetables (carrots / broccoli). So how was the steak? It was outstanding … firm but tender and juicy. Other than a small part of one end it was not over salted. I did try their steak sauce on a piece or two and was not a fan, el stinko. The cost of the steak was $35. A 16 oz steak with two sides is $20 so they allow $5 for the sides you don’t get with the second 16 oz. weight. Total bill for a 22oz draft, Caesar salad, steak, potato, vegetables, tax and tip was $55.
This was my first time ever to a Texas Roadhouse so I cannot tell you if they are all as loud, and have messy floors (peanut shells, spilled drinks, etc.) that just get lightly swept aside. The table next to me literally had puddles of soda underneath the chairs and someone just through a small towel down instead of actually wiping it up.
As for service, the staff is generally friendly however they delivered my salad and did not bring any silverware or napkin and they did not come back until after I finished my meal. I would have liked another beer or some water but I never got the opportunity.

1  Thank MrOcho
Reviewed May 10, 2013

it's noisy, it's fun. Steaks are great, primie rib is a surprise treat. Service is reliable, and they had pretty decent ribs, also available as a "side kick", like $6 to add a half slab onto your meal.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was our first time and won't be our last. The prices are very reasonable. We had an amazing server, they had a small power outage but that didn't affect us. The food was amazing and the way the staff dealt with this minor inconvenience was great. Hats off to everyone at this establishment.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

One of our favourite places to eat when we visit Syracuse New York is the Texas Roadhouse on Erie Blvd. The food is always good. The service and atmosphere are great as well. My wife and I had each a steak and chicken dinner with salad, potatoes, home made buns with cinnamon butter. It was all delicious and our server Miranda was attentive to all of our needs. We drive 3 hours from Ottawa Canada to make a point of stopping in when we are there. There can be bit of a wait but it is well worth it in the end. Keep up the great work and we'll see you again soon. Peter and Jayne from Ottawa, Canada.