“Great diner food”

Rise N Shine Diner
Ranked #7 of 718 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were only staying in Syracuse overnight, then getting up early for another long car ride to our ultimate destination. We found this place by accident - just wanted a good, solid, filling breakfast before getting back on the road. This place is your basic diner - but a really good one! The atmosphere, the decor, everything - diner. The service is fantastic - couldn't have been more attentive if they tried. But the important part - the food. Wow! May I suggest that unless you are a trucker or a linebacker, you share entrees? Because they are HUGE! My son ordered pancakes and scrambled eggs and bacon. The pancakes came on their own plate and hung over the edges! They had to be 10 inches across! They were fluffy, they were delicious, they were amazing - but they were GIANT! My husband and I both had standard egg plates, and again - HUGE. Delicious - absolutely tasty and delicious, and the italian bread as my toast was SO fresh and good, but I think if we go back - and we will - we will share a dish, because the portion was truly enormous.

If you like diner food, and you love good, solid "Mom" breakfasts, don't miss this little gem in East Syracuse. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a small diner set back from the main road. We stopped in for breakfast based on a recommendation from the hotel we had stayed at. The home fries were very good, crispy and not greasy but our waitress forgot to place our order and as guests were being served who came in after us I started to get up to mention it when our waitress came over with our food and gave us a really insincere excuse. But, I would go again.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

In a sea of average places to eat...EAT HERE! A flavor of Syracuse. Excellent home files, fresh foods at breakfast and nice people serving you, so why eat ata chain breakfast. Nothing more explains it more. Worth trying

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Good and tasty breakfast for a very reasonable price and a nice service. Very interesting decorations inside the building.

A bit hard to find as it's somewhat hidden behind other buildings.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stopped into this little restaurant on the way home from Syracuse yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. It's really little more than a house-sized place turned into a small grill, but it's convenient, the food is tasty and inexpensive, and the people are very friendly. When I stopped in it was the end of lunch hour, and they appeared to be closing up shop. But they re-opened to take my order, possibly because I was in uniform at the time, and packaged me up a very nice lunch to take on the road. It was only a tuna fish sandwhich on whole wheat, but they overstuffed the sandwich and used very fresh condiments and veggies, and then gave me two chocolate chip cookies "on the house." That AND a large coke were $4.00, although I think that might have been a special "deal" from the manager.

This place doesn't look like much from the outside, or even from the inside. But it's good food served cheap, and like I said, the folks working there were VERY friendly. I just might put this on my "regular stop" list.