“don't miss it for cheezecake”

Biscotti Cafe & Pastry Shop
Ranked #3 of 26 Bakeries in Syracuse
Syracuse, New York
“don't miss it for cheezecake”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I highly recommend the triple chocolate cheeze cake and the cherry top cheeze cake. Delicious. The Cherry was a little hard to slice and get a noncrumbly slice out of however, but still tasty.

Visited December 2012

“First class goodies”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stop for a sandwich and leave with a box of pastry or vice versa. An upscale bakery on the old Northside.

Visited December 2012
Syracuse
“Treat Yourself”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The service is wonderful, fast and friendly. If you are looking for something different in a cake for a special occasion, try them. Extremely good and well worth the price.

“Broken Cookies”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

So I just got back from Italy and I must say I am a little biased. HOWEVER, Biscotti's claims to be the best in Syracuse and they get much recognition....for nothing.

I came here because I had a coupon one and two because they are the closet gelateria on the North side. I brought a friend and he was so sick of hearing me talk about gelato I just had to bring him to try some.

We walk in, it's dark inside, there's no tables outside, it's AUGUST and there's a light breeze I wanna sit outside what gives?

I ask the worker if the Amaretto gelato is actual amaretto liquor or hazelnut she turns to another worker "What's Amaretto?"

I ask if I can try it and it tastes like the liquor, half way decent so I order amaretto and coconut, not bad at all except you can't get a cone.... My friend asks to try mango and he doesn't like it so he asks to try Mint chocolate chip, at this point the worker is annoyed, "try it?" she asks. What is there an echo? He doesn't like this either and decides to order stracciatella.

He eats it but doesn't care for it. I try it too. It's super sweet and not in a good way.
I order a cappuccino and....and....oh what's that? A sfogliatella? What's in there? "THAT'S a sfogliatella, that right there is a lobster tail and it has blah blah blah in it" WHO THE HELL CARES!?! You just corrected me and told me an overgrown sfogliatella filled with CRAP is called a lobster tail....ok FINE I'll take an almond cookie with raspberry topping. The total bill is $8.95 which is with the $3.00 off coupon.

When I ask for some water, the woman worker points to a pitcher of water and tells me to help myself....there is one glass for the both of us.

The tables are dirty and where we finally sit still needs cleaning. The cookie is gross, hard as a rock and I LIKE Italian cookies. But they should be soft enough to eat without coffee and hard enough to withstand dunking. The "raspberry" topping is a sticky, rubbery, gum like substance that a child would adore playing with like playdoh. My savory moment comes with the cappuccino which is light and frothy and although does not contain the espresso taste at the finish that I so love, it does satisfy the gusto I originally came to Biscotti's for.

Just when I thought things were looking up for the cafe, the lady worker comes over and says "Do you got any cups for me?" and proceeds to take the empty glass but leaves are two empty ice cream cups on the table for us to dispose of...

So in conclusion...Biscotti's is garbage.

Go there for the coffee, the ICE CREAM is decent and the cookies are not biscotti.
The service really needs work....just saying

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank TrickyYoungChicky
Syracuse, NY
“Coffee paradise”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great cappucino, coffee, Italian cookies, pastries, cakes, pies. Nice atmosphere, quiet corner to read or talk.

Visited May 2012