“Best Italian Fine Dining”
Review of Francesca's Cucina

Francesca's Cucina
Ranked #11 of 718 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I reviewed Francesca's back in December 2009. I loved it then, but I complained about the boring soft bread. I stated that I liked a nice crusty bread. Well, I finally made it back to Francesca's last night for dinner, and the bread was delicious and crusty too! Everything else about our meals was wonderful. Raymond did a great job as our server. We shared 3 appetizers for the table, everyone in our party of 5 enjoyed their entrees, and we all had dessert and coffee. Paris was great behind the bar while we enjoyed a drink before dinner. I couldn't believe how crowded it was at 6:30 on a Wednesday evening in the middle of February! And yes, it was a bit loud as one reviewer stated, but that had to do with the fact that every table was full and there were several large parties out celebrating different occassions. I find that to be the case just about everywhere these days. As a society we seem to have gotten away from quiet decorum in exchange for louder, more exhibitionist behaviors in public. I can hardly blame the restaurant for that. Looking forward to our next dinner at Francesca's. I won't wait so long this time!

Reviewed February 23, 2011

I took my boyfriend there for his birthday on Jan 15th the atmosphere was very nice the food was good but if you get the lamb and you normally eat your steak med rare do not get your lamb that way mine was under cook but the waitress ask how do I eat my steak because she said that is normally the way you would ask for your lamb that in a neg. but I don't blame that on the cook I said Med rare and thats what I got, but I would def. recom. it for a romantic meal. What I did not like was the hostess was bad she really did not care that we got there on time and got sitted 20 min late and did not give an apology about she was more like oh well

Reviewed February 15, 2011

By the reviews I expected a great experience. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. We were sat at a table the rocked and chairs that are used outdoors which were very uncomfortable. We had a limited menu due to it being Valentines Day which is fine but comparing it to the online menu the prices were inflated by 5 dollars a plate. Started off with the mushroom risotto which was undercooked but hot. It had good flavor and fresh mushrooms. My hubands food was hot but mine was luke warm. If you are going to drop 100.00 on a meal you expect alot better. This restaurant should not be ranked #2. Will not go there again.

1  Thank Jblack33
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I have to disagree with the review below mine. Before making my reservation over the phone I was told they would have a limited menu. I'm sorry but anyone who knows anything about upscale restaurants should know that the majority of them only offer limited menus on Valentine's day/Holidays. The Surf & Turf tonight was a Kobe beef steak with a lobster tail for $46. That's a steal!! At Wegmans recently I noticed a small frozen lobster tail was $25. Kobe beef is extremely expensive most of the time so to say that the Surf & Turf wasn't a good deal is absurd.

I was told by at least ten people who all had rave reviews of Francesca's. Well needless to say they were all right on the money and I can't believe I've never been until today!

This was my 1st visit and I went with my girlfriend. We checked in with the host ten minutes before our 8pm reservation and were seated within 5-10 minutes. Our waiter/service was phenomenal and so were all the staff who took care of us. We had four huge shrimp/cocktail, Utica greens, and a lobster salad to start. Our entrees were lobster stuffed ravioli and a stuffed chicken breast. All I can say is compliments to the chef/cooks and thanks to everyone we encountered at Francesca's!! You truly made our day, especially my girlfriends. We look forward to future visits to your wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed February 12, 2011

My husband and I went for Valentine's Day with another couple. We previewed the menu online and were looking forward to our evening out. We made reservations and were never informed that it would be a limited menu. There were only 6 or 7 entrees available. None of which were on the regular menu. Meals did not include a salad or soup and were very expensive compared to the menu we previewed. The surf 'n' turf was priced at $28 for steak and scallops online and was bumped up to $46 with the substitution of a lobster tail.
The food was okay but not what we were expecting. We should have been informed when we made our reservations of the limited menu. As parents of young children we do not get out for nice dinners often and unfortunately were disappointed with our visit.

1  Thank baldwinsvillemom