“Excellent evening out!!”

Ranked #7 of 692 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Reviewed January 20, 2010

My husband and I went to Francesca's on a recent trip to Syracuse. The food was incredible, the service was delightful, and the atmosphere is very pleasant. We will go back every time we are in Syracuse.

There are newer reviews for Francesca's Cucina

Reviewed January 11, 2010

Incredible food, and service have been coming to Francesca's for the past 5 years and have had nothing but good food, good hospitality, and good wines. Just thought after a few years of coming to this place i just thought it was time to write a review about one of my favorite Italian resturants. P.S I just cant wait till the outdoor pattio to open in the spring.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is AWFUL! Unfortunately, you can't tell without going in and eating. The menu is creative, and occasionally well prepared, unless the food is inedible. The services is good, or not. No longer on my list of stops as life is too short to pay a lot for poor food and bad service.

1  Thank Flam1ngo
Reviewed December 20, 2009

After reading some of the previous reviews for Francesca's, I was a bit hesitant about my Saturday evening reservations for a holiday celebration with friends. I shouldn't have been. Everything about the evening was great. The decor is welcoming, the staff courteous and attentive (even the bartender who was rushed off her feet and had to deal with some male patrons who were a bit patronizing to say the least), and the food exceptional. Our party of four was seated right away, our waiter brought our drink order while we studied the menu. He did a great job going over the nights specials and answered all of our questions. We ordered 3 starters for the table. Two were from the specials menu, We had the evenings risotto composition which was with Brazilian lobster and saffron. We also ordered the calamari steak in panko breadcrumbs and then from the regular menu, the hot stuffed cherry peppers. The risotto was rich, creamy and loaded with lobster. As a special treat, it was topped with two seared scallops. The calamari was tender and could be cut with a fork. The peppers, although not something I personally enjoy, were just as should be expected. The presentation was perfect and we were given plenty of time to enjoy before our salads and soup arrived. The salads were perfectly adequate and the italian wedding soup was the best I have had out. Usually I find it oversalted, but at Francesca's, chef lets the ingredients speak for themselves. It was lovely. When our entrees arrived, we couldn't get over the size of the portions on the pasta dishes and everyone enjoyed their meals. The seafood riggies were loaded with large scallops and shrimp. I had the lobster ravioli and it was light, full of lobster and in a delicate, very tasty vodka sauce. There was nothing heavy or stodgy about my meal and as the pasta had been striped with squid ink, it was beautiful to look at. I had coffee and dessert, a warm mixed berry torte that was divine. If I had to change one thing, it would have been the bread. I prefer very crusty bread and I thought the bread was just so-so. Francesca's is our new favorite restaurant. We were loyal Antonio's patrons for years, until 2 special occassions there were ruined by poor service and substandard food. It isn't suprising that Antonio's has gone out of business after so many years. Francesca's isn't going to replace Antonio's, they are going to surpass them.

Reviewed August 9, 2009

We've thought that Francesca's just might take the place of wonderful old Anotonio's in Syracuse's North Side. Boy, were we wrong! The bar scene always seems to look like fun - and the wait staff are prompt, welcoming, and informed. But, oh, the cooking is lacking. As they have said in the restaurant trade for years, "consistency is king." Well - Francesca apparently doesn't adhere to that. And sending back a dish doesn't seem to help improve it. Soooo - I can only hope that the kitchen folks are treated to some courses at a culinary arts school? "Sauces" could be the main study. The North Side needs a fine dining Italian ristorante!

2  Thank AdairUpstate