“Great park, stay, flight experience”

Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I booked one night prior to my family's flight out of syracuse. The rate included parking for the duration of the trip that made it a great value compared to airport parking. The hotel was clean and updated. The indoor pool was warm enough to enjoy, although a hot tub would have been great. I will definitely use them again when I have a long trip with an early morning flight. The shuttle was prompt and professional on the way out. We returned in the middle of the night and were told the shuttle was no longer running, but the hotel paid for the airport taxi.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Andrew B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the great feedback you supplied us with. We hope to see you again in the future and safe travels!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a wet, cool, December night. We found the location convenient from the thruway. We were well received and found our room to be clean and comfortable. In fact we were pleased to note that it was a relatively new hotel - at least it seemed so to us - compared to many other hotels we have occupied. We found breakfast was adequate, and the staff was genuinely helpful and solicitous. The hotel is near the airport, but we were not bothered by airport flights and noise. We would not hesitate to stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was away from Bay Road, and we heard no road noise at all. We found the King Bed quite comf...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed many of the features we offer here. Safe Travels!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

1st the bad, well maybe annoying is better. 1. There is no dedicated work area in the room. They had a small round table in the corner with no light near or on the table, then the table was already loaded up with the coffee maker and all the coffee making stuff all on a tray and a telephone which really just barley left enough room for the laptop and no other items you might need if you are working. 2. The TV had wonderful reception...as long as you only wanted to watch local channels, all of the other channels would not tune in and they were just pixilated. 3. I dialed 0 for the front desk and it rang and rang.....and rang. I hung up and used my cell phone and BAM answered 1st ring? I verified that 0 was the way to call the desk by the way. So I was thinking they answer the phone for new money but if I am already here I can wait? The desk clerk apologized and said someone would be at my room in 10 min to look at the TV. I stopped looking at my watch once 25 minutes had passed. OK all that aside the hotel was very clean, the people were very nice and it is 4 minutes from the airport. They have a shuttle that is always available and when the driver picked me up after dropping off my rental he asked if I had ate and was willing to stop by or drop me off so I could eat which I thought was super nice. I am going to chock up this experience as a bad day for the hotel or maybe there is a training issue. Not sure if I would stay here for a extended stay but if it is for 1 night and you have a early flight I think you would be fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Andrew B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for all the feedback you provided us on your stay, we have gone over it in detail. Thank you for your recent stay.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn October 30 to November 1, 2013. The people were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. The downside was that the room definitely smelled of smoke. We booked a room with a separate sitting area and couch so we could relax and watch some TV. However, the set-up of the furniture in room 333 placed the couch so that you cannot see the television set from the couch. It would be better if the location of the couch and the desk were switched.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us while you were in town. Thank you for the feedback you were able to give us, I have passed the information along to our General Manager on the couch and desk to see if we can change that for future guests. Have a safe travels~

Elizabeth

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Staff was genuinely friendly, not just polite. Van driver recommended 3 restaurants and provided transportation to and from, breakfast available at 5:30, not the 6:30 I was told. Room was spotless and a definite step up from my Holiday Inn experiences.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms were secure; big fence.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Andrew B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your positive feedback~safe Travels

Reviewed October 19, 2013

we were warmly welcomed. The airport services taking us to and from airport with ease and accommodated changes easily. We left our car at the hotel for one week with out any difficulty. We knew it was safe.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent stay with us and feedback you provided. We will share this will all of our staff members. Have safe travels~
Elizabeth

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was a choice made from the road on my return trip home. The price was right and the young man at the front desk gave superb service. Be warned: Google maps will not get you here. The young man at the desk says they have tried to no avail to fix this. But if you call the hotel they can guide you. My room was fresh and comfortable. Te water pressure was great. And a full breakfast buffet was there in the morning. Superb all around.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Almost_the_oldest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the feedback you provided. We hope you have safe travels and hope to see you again~