“Was that a bed or a table with a sheet?”

Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
“Was that a bed or a table with a sheet?”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Hotel wasn't bad, location not bad, beds are worse I've ever slept in. I stayed with points though I would be very upset if I had paid. I would not recommend this hotel based on the beds alone. Awful.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank joeorourke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We loved our stay at the HIE, except for the beds. The beds were as hard as a rock and were not comfortable in the least. I am not very picky about beds, but these had no give in them. However, everything else at the hotel was very nice. The room was very clean and a comfortable size. The breakfast was very good and the pancake machine that HIE's now have was very good.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly at check-in and check-out. Other than the beds, we had a very pleasant stay.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here June 30 th because it was so close to the airport. This hotels offers great service, and great value. It's minutes from the airport, they offer a free shuttle service to the airport and when you return you can call the hotel and the shuttle will be there within minutes. It was very clean, the gentleman at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again

1 Thank Kirsten V
Finger Lakes, NYS
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I had an early morning flight departing Syracuse Int'l Airport, and we decided to make our morning a little easier and spend the night in Syracuse. We were extremely pleased with the VALUE we received at the Holiday Inn Express. Great rate, spacious and clean room, friendly staff, quiet room - never heard a thing, and provided COMPLIMENTARY shuttle service to and from the airport. Location is easy to find, and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary M
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel. First time was through Priceline, this time we booked directly as we wanted this location. Pool was great, though a bit cold - relaxing nonetheless after a long drive. Room was clean and overall quiet. Breakfast was also good. Given that this property is 5 years, it is still well-kept and clean. The proximity to malls, highways will certainly bring us back here in the future.

Room Tip: Print walk-in coupons through hotelcoupons.com - much cheaper than any rates that I found, unless yo...
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had a seminar in Syracuse and needed a quick and easy place to stay. This hotel is right off the highway and close to an Applebees and a great breakfast place. The staff was very helpful, even at midnight. Our original room was right next to the elevator on the first floor, across from the breakfast area. As I am a very light sleeper, I asked if we could change rooms. The clerk moved us up to the second floor easy as can be. We were still right next to the elevator, so I thought I was going to have a restless night, but I slept great! Very quiet all the way around. Air conditioner was steady all night. The complimentary breakfast had more than just the usual cereal, muffins, and waffles. Scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. Pancakes, breads, muffins, and juices. Very nice. And again the staff was great!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I arrived and Desk Clerk was well spoken and had me checked in within minutes and said how to get to my room; Room was VERY CLEAN and slept well; Breakfast was great with good assortments and well stocked. Next time I am in Syracuse we will be back here to this specific hotel. Bravo to Management!!!

Room Tip: my room was great - but hey if you need a request make them aware
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends