“A gem in the University district”

appeThaizing Thai Restaurant
Ranked #365 of 701 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed January 22, 2013

When you walk into appeThaizing, you figure you will be getting a meal fit for students on a low budget and without a discriminating palate. You will be surprised. The modest decor of the restaurant gives the bad impression of a cafeteria. The restaurant has plain tables and chairs without any dressing up. However, you will find every meal surprisingly good. This was my second visit and everyone in our party was very satisfied both times.

You can go with the chef specialities or the classic Thai dishes on the menu. You will be happy with the results. They also do a nice job with the Thai ice tea.

Understand that this isn't the high end restaurant that will cost you over $30 a person, but something more in the $10-12 range.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is for sure the best thai I have found in syracuse! I truly recommended it and the pad thai is incredibly good and also the eatable basket for a starter, the portions are quite big and the service is pretty good

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Good service, affordable prices, and very good food. I have been there multiple times and am yet to be disappointed by anything on their menu.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I went here on Friday after a recommendation from a friend. We went to the Clay location (but have ordered takeout from the campus location). Definitely a solid choice. The Appethaizing shrimp is delicious! We both ordered medium-spiced dishes - only complaint being his pad thai was REALLY spicy, so you may want to stick with mild. We will definitely return, though, the quality of their takeout and dine-in is consistent and yummy.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

When the restaurant we were actually looking for was not locatable, we were referred to here. I began to doubt my source when we pulled up to this run down, 60s era inner city strip mall. And, we almost returned to the car when we found it was located in the basement level. I'm glad we went in.

It's a small restaurant with a very friendly and attentive staff, which looks like a family operation. We were waited on by a middle aged woman who treated 2 senior citizens with great respect and friendliness. In fact, as the restaurant is located in the middle of Syracuse University, we felt like we were sitting down with our grandchildren - there was a definite tendency towards University students clientele. From the way that many were greeted, it apparently has a large regular clientele.

The dishes were well prepared and of adequate size for a comfortable meal. I would also say they were priced accordingly, neither low nor high priced for the food. The server also made certain to check our tastes, and ability, to handle the heat level in the dishes. As we both like moderate to high heat, there was no problem. But the fact that we were asked was a definite plus, as not all people tolerate Thai spiciness.

To sum it up, it's a restaurant I intend to return to during my visits to Syracuse.