“great little zoo”

Ranked #1 of 68 things to do in Syracuse
Saratoga Springs, New York
“great little zoo”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

it has been a year and wow love the changes so far the octopus was cool the family had a great time cant wait to come back next year worth every dime

Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful zoo!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

For the price, you can't beat this zoo! We were vising family in the area and decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and had a great experience, even though many of the animals were napping. I think my absolute favorite was the rainforest room. We happened to go in when the water misters were on, and all the birds were bathing...it was an amazing sight! The fennec fox kids were adorable, and the golden tamarin monkey was my husband's favorite. We will definitely return!

1 Thank Bella531
Ottawa, Canada
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“A great way to spend en famille”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

What a beautiful zoo, it's not too big, therefore you won't get loss. The kids can spend an entire afternoon, visiting the zoo. I am in my 50's and it was just big enough for me, to walk and spend time watching the animals and enjoy myself without feeling exhausted at the end of the day. Families bring their lunches and have picnics, there is plenty to do, for the little ones. I enjoyed the Asian Elephants, after their exercise, the handlers were on hand to talk about their elephants, gestation and their dislike and likes. Did you know, these elephants like peanuts, but they prefer their jelly beans, fruits of kinds and bagels. We visited the farm animal barn, what a hit for the little ones. We met some elder people who volunteer at the zoo, we met one very nice lady, who helped us find the wolfs. She was also on hand at the elephants section, she was very well informed and seem to enjoy her volunteer. There is so much to see, you must pack up a picnic and round up the kids, as well as the grandparents. All will enjoy this zoo. Inexpensive, and friendly informed people equals great day at the zoo.

1 Thank axxiefox
Syracuse, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Lions,tigers and bears,oh my!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Conservation-minded, beautiful mid-size zoo, better than many big cities'. We traveled to Washington, DC recently and are proud to say we like "our" zoo better. There are many animals to see - no giraffe or zebra though- and not so big that you can't see everything. There is a large outdoor food court, but only one restaurant that can get long lines. No problems bringing your own lunch. Tables outdoors and in, but not enough umbrellas on the outside tables. Several elephants there in a very successful breeding program and plenty of staff that hold small demonstrations and experience areas. Improvements are being made that look nice.

Kissimmee, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Perfect sized zoo”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The landscaping seems to be almost completed in August. My daughter, 2 yr old grandchild & I spent about 2 hours there. The farm animal barn was a hit. Got to pet the rabbits and guinea pigs. There were a lot of day care groups, but everyone was spread out and it never felt crowded. Absolutely lovely landscaping and the half mile stroll was a pleasure with lots of shade for people and animals. It was a hot day for the animals and I was pleased to see they had misters for many of the animals. The area near the fishers stunk like a month old cat litterbox. Maybe that's just normal for fishers. Everything else was spotlessly clean. The tigers were RIGHT next to the glass wall so the photos were amazing. Didn't attend any lectures or shows due to the 2 year old. Was able to see almost every single animal. Ate lunch there. Reasonable prices, good selections. Ice cream carts, soda & water vending machines spaced throughout .