“Good Value Hotel”
Review of Parkview Hotel

Parkview Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed May 30, 2006

I stayed here for one night over the Memorial Day weekend while visiting family in the area.

This is a decent hotel, not outstanding but fine as a place to sleep if you’re going to be out and about in Syracuse! Most importantly (for me anyway), it was very clean. Although I booked a standard room I was upgraded to a junior suite. The suite was big, and had a kitchen area with a fridge, sink, microwave, stove, coffee maker, toaster and utensils – all of which looked new. The kitchen was against one wall of the room and behind a set of sliding doors which looked like a closet, much nicer than having an exposed kitchen in the middle of the room!

The best part of the room was the bathroom, which also looked brand new, had a double shower head and was spotlessly clean. The bedroom itself was a little dark and seemed dated, as did the corridors and the other communal areas of the hotel. There was also a bit of a musty smell permeating the whole hotel and my room, but then I do have a very keen sense of smell and this might not bother other people as it did me!

Be aware that there is no room service in the hotel, but there is a café off the lobby which closes at 9pm or 10pm. Unfortunately for me I arrived at the hotel at 10.05pm.

I only dealt with the staff during check in and check out, but they seemed very nice and friendly.

I had arrived in Syracuse by bus, but apparently the hotel has a shuttle from the stations and airport – contact the hotel before you arrive to arrange a pick up if you’re not driving.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank jules5bh

Reviewed May 2, 2006

We spent the weekend in Syracuse while taking our daughter to a dance competition. I chose the Parkview based on Trip Advisor's reviews and couldn't have been more pleased!

The Parkview is a beautifully restored old hotel. Our room was spacious, nicely furnished, and clean. It was a corner room on the top (6th) floor, so we had a great view of the downtown.

The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. I'm not fond of in-room coffee, so I was glad that Stefon's, the adjacent coffee/wine bar, opens at 7:00 on weekends. They have coffee, bagels, and other breakfast items like yogurt and fruit cups. They also sell newspapers. We didn't eat our other meals there, but their menu offers sandwiches, salads and snacks, and looks reasonably priced.

The hotel offers free parking, and is adjacent to highway 81 so it was easy to get around. We needed to get to the fairgrounds early on Saturday morning and it was no problem. We found Carousel Center (a large mall featuring a restored Carousel) easily. Our daughter had a great time riding the Carousel and completely forgot about her disappointment that the hotel didn't have a pool! (She assumes that all hotels have pools.)

We went to Onondaga Lake State Park on Sunday and it was also easy to get to. There is a large and popular playground there, walking and biking paths, and picnic tables. Great for kids.

The Parkview Hotel was a great find. My husband was shocked at the quality of the hotel for the price. We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank holybuzz
A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 24, 2006

My wife and I stayed here because of Trip Advisers review and was very happy with my choice and your reccomendation. The rooms were very nice, well decorated with LCD tv on the wall. The bed was very comfortable with many pillows. Free wireless internet which was great and a free upgrade from the staff. The bathroom was spacious and clean and well decorated. The lobby was smallish but very nice.
Probably the best stay ive ever had in Syracuse. Great price, great service, great room. Thanks

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 23, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for the nights of April 21-22. We were in town so that I could go to the Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo at the OnCenter. This trip was his birthday gift to me.

This hotel is very conveniently located. It is just a little ways off the freeway, and very easy to find. It is also within walking distance to the downtown restaurant area and the OnCenter. The hotel has a large parking lot in the back, with free parking for guests. We appreciated this, because it seems that most parking in Syracuse costs money, and can be hard to find sometimes. Easier to just leave the car at the hotel and walk to where we needed to go.

The hotel itself is beautiful. The lobby features a large sitting area with flat-screen TVs. There are also a couple of computers with free high-speed internet access for guest use. We had a room with a king-sized bed...the room itself was spacious, clean, and comfortable, and the bathroom was also spacious. I especially loved the double shower head! The flat-screen TV was very nice, and we appreciated having the mini-fridge in the room, as well. The rooms are all equipped so that you can hook up your own laptop to the internet, either wired or wireless.

I also must recommend the little coffee/wine bar downstairs, Stefon's. This is not a place where you can get a full dinner...there are lots of other places in town for that. They offer soups, salads and sandwiches, as well as a small breakfast menu and baked goods. This is good for a light breakfast, lunch, or a late-night snack. I went down and ordered a couple of sandwiches to take up to the room, because we were too tired to go anywhere to eat on Sautrday night. They were generously sized, very tasty, and an excellent value for the money.

The front desk clerks who checked us in and out were very friendly and professional, as was the young man at Stefon's who waited on me.

The Parkview Hotel has definitely earned its #1 status on TripAdvisor!

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank cmurf
A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed April 13, 2006

I could not have stayed at a better hotel. From the moment I arrived I was impressed. The rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The whole place is clean and the staff is very attentive. Definetly a first rate hotel. The cafe, Stefan's Place has great coffee and their desserts are better than homemade. Without a doubt I will stay at the Parkview in the future. I give this hotel a 6 out of 5.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 19, 2006

Our room was very nice - tasteful decorating, extremely CLEAN, and lots of space; two big beds with down-filled comforters, big closet. Mini-fridge and coffee-maker, iron, hair dryer, flat-screen TV. Bathroom was big enough, double-head shower, extra towels. We called down to ask for extra coffee packets, and it was delivered up to us within a few minutes. We asked at the front desk about getting a ride to Armory Square to go to Irish bars, and the desk person immediately got the shuttle driver to take us. The shuttle driver told us which places to go, and even gave us a phone number for the best taxi service to use to return to the hotel as he would be off duty when we wanted to return (late at night!) Check-in and check-out each took about 3 minutes. Lobby is very pretty - TV, fireplace, comfy couch, and free internet to check e-mails. Parking was easy (and free) and close to every place that we wanted to go. I would stay here again - just very charming and comfortable.

Stayed: March 2006