Parkview Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Within walking distance to the SU campus (about one mile, up a hill), and also a walkable distance to downtown area.

Parkview has nice and comfortable rooms, offers nothing fancy but definitely everything you need (for myself these are cleanliness, some comfort, and free internet). ---If you are looking for a big screen tv in your room, this is not your hotel. They have small lcd screens with expanded cable.

Nice hotel staff, and a nice little cafe/restaurant inside (I forgot its name now).

Last, but not the least, Parkview has a shuttle service to/from the Syracuse airport.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed June 26, 2009

Stayed here on June 23 2009. This hotel was a great value and very comfortable! The staff we dealt with were very nice, checking in and out was easy. We stayed on the 5th floor, king bed. The room was clean and comfortable. The only issues we had was the lack of counter space in the bathroom and the refrigerator door did not close tightly. Overall we had a pleasant stay and would use this hotel again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I booked here because I wanted to be able to walk to campus. I called before March 20 and was offered the Winter rate, $89.00 per night. Amazing price for being right in the middle of town. The hotel is nice, a tad over-decorated but not too tasteless. They're trying to stay in keeping with the era when it was built. As you'll see from the photos, there are faux-retro details, but a few things, like window sashes are antique, charming and true shabby chic. The service is fine, laundry area and workout room are clean. Be warned there is no free breakfast but there is a cafe that has all the usual breakfast stuff for sale. My room has a full closet and also a safe.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2009

I actually stayed at the ParkView Hotel which is a sister hotel to the Genesee Grande. For a small room and lower price I feel like I experienced a five star hotel! I was incredibly impressed. The service was wonderful. They helped me find my destination, get to and from the airport on time, even recommend a local pizzeria! It was wonderful and very comfortable.

I especially appreciated the chauffeurs. They were so friendly and helped me feel relaxed about where I was going. Abraham Fuentes took me from the hotel to the airport and gave me a great last impression of not only the Genesee Grande and the ParkView Hotel but also Syracuse as a city. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2009

This is my first review, in spite of being a frequent business traveler. I booked this hotel to be within walking distance of the Convention Center for a trade show.

I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff, the charm of an older hotel, and the quality of the rooms. For the money, this was by far a much better purchase than staying at one of the cookie cutter chains, of which I am a platinum member of most.

I also highly recommend the coffee bar / deli in the hotel. Although not a full service restaurant, they have a stimulating selection of soups, sandwiches, pastries and beverages ... and the soup and sandwich I had was excellent.

From now on, when I am in Syracuse, I know where I'll be staying.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Booked room off-price for a weekend visit with our SU-student. Quite a pleasant hotel, with a nice lobby, good service, large rooms, excellent bedding, and good bathroom. But the tiny TV and lack of a comfortable armchair in such a large room just don't make sense and are the difference between this and the next level. Nonetheless, if you're not planning to stay in your room all day, it's a great value for very good overnight accommodations. They also have a nice little coffee/wine bistro off the lobby with very nice homemade biscotti, sandwiches and very good coffee.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 24, 2008

I decided to stay at Parkview based on all the positive comments and better rates. I was a little disappointed upon arrival and used the hotels free Wi Fi to read trip comments, and have to say that I agreed with many points of the only negative post. I’m posting pictures, which pretty much will help you determine your disposition to this hotel.

Arriving at night and expecting a boutique hotel, I had to do a double take to make sure it was THE Parkview. You enter the parking lot through narrow alley way, and the front of the hotel appears to be a warehouse or tenement. The receptionist was very cheerful and upbeat. The elevators were old, but not terrible.

The room and particularly the bathroom had an odor. The bathroom sinks are tiny, without any room for toiletries. I happened to be in the room when the housekeeper was doing my room. She was stepping on the bedding as she cleaned, and I would have been more thorough cleaning the bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business