“Great Hotel”
Review of Parkview Hotel

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel close to Syracuse University. Beds seemed alittle short and some pillows were to hard. Clean room. Heat worked great. Nice bathroom. Quiet hotel. Good choices to pick from at the Market place. Id stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Parkview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear slangyeljr,

Thank you for the great review. Please let us know your pillow preference and we will be sure to provide it for you on your future stays. We look forward to seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for Parkview Hotel

Reviewed February 5, 2014

In two words - simple luxury.
Nice location, nice ambiance, clean, good and cozy rooms, nice comfortable mattress. Good service.
All at the right price. I have stayed there several times with my family and I was always well pleased with my stay.
There is no pool, or exercise room, or any of those other peripheral things. Which is just fine by me. There is a good TV in the room.
I wish there was a Restaurant in the premisses, or at least a good one near by.
Still, not a deal breaker. You will not go hungry anyway.
At this price, I can not find any better value.
I have stayed at several hotels in Syracuse and area, including the other boutique hotels in the same chain, and this is still my favourite.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear aureliofh,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so happy to be your choice of hotels while in Syracuse. We would like to share some information regarding the hotel and the area. There is a fitness center that is open 24 hours available for our guest’s use. We have also recently renovated Stefon’s bar at the Parkview Hotel serving appetizers until close and our market place is open 24 hours with salads, sandwiches, wraps etc… Downtown is host to many great restaurants and taverns located only five minutes driving distance from the hotel. Please stop by at the front desk and we will be more than happy to help you with your dining options and directions. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you the next time you and your family are in the area.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Booked three nights here after my usual mariott property was sold out. The service, charming guest rooms and cozy lobby were a nice change of pace in bitterly cold Syracuse. Not many walkable ammenties, but the location is perfect for a trip where you'll be driving to clients in the area. Only downside was the in-room AC/heating--difficult to regulate and noisy.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear nrc8603,

We are so happy that we were able to give you the cozy feeling at the Parkview Hotel while Syracuse is freezing! Sorry for the AC/heating unit difficulties, we will have our maintenance team to take a look at it. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again the next time you are visiting our area.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I were looking forward to our stay at this hotel based on the reviews. Unfortunately our experience was not as good as others have noted. The first room we were in had a loud bang about every 10 minutes. It sounded like a large chunk of metal fell on another large chunk of metal. We were moved to another room which was hot without any ability to turn down the heat. The dial didn't work. Every time we told the clerk at the front desk we were told they couldn't do anything about it at the time but would write up a ticket for the engineer the following morning. Nothing was ever done nor were we told that it couldn't be fixed.

In order to get to the parking lot, you have to drive through a very narrow alley (between 2 building walls). The back door for all intents and purposes is the primary entrance (there is a main entry on the street). It is a small door with a short steep ramp up for disabled people. There is no awning to protect you from rain or snow which is not uncommon in Syracuse. It snowed pretty hard during our visit. My husband is disabled. When going up the ramp there is another small door entry to the hotel which also needs key access. He uses a walker. In order to open the door he has to step to the side where there is a large pipe jutting out that is at the same height as his head. The space is extremely small so anyone using a walker will have a tough time squeezing the walker and him/herself into the small space so that the door can be opened. I cannot imagine anyone in a wheelchair or walker traveling by themselves being able to negotiate getting into the hotel without assistance.

Because it snowed while we were there and no one plowed the parking lot no one could see the handicap parking places (2) marked. They do not have signs so non-disabled people parked in the spots - understandably. No one shoveled around the door. When I talked to the clerk he said that there was no one to do it. They had left for the night. After a short discussion he said he would do it. All the staff were pleasant and nice. After I helped my husband to the room I parked the car. The handicap bathrooms are well done and very large. The room looked nice though it was a tight squeeze between the night stand and the wall for him to get to the bed and the main part of the room. Overall the rooms were appointed nicely and the beds comfortable but there were too many other problems for us to return. I would advise the reservation people that when reserving a room with handicap access, disabled people be warned of the difficulties getting into the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 24sheppard
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Parkview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear 24sheppard,

We thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Please know that it is our ultimate goal to ensure that your experience with us is nothing less than enjoyable. While it appears that the bad snow storm that took place during your visit did have an impact on your stay, we will certainly address the aspects that were in our control. We have shared this review with our department heads and will make the appropriate adjustments immediately. There is an ADA designated elevator to assist guests to their rooms, as well as an awning at each entrance of the hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our room’s cleanliness and appearance. If you’re ever looking for accommodations in our area again we welcome you to try our sister property, Hotel Skyler, as it may be more to your liking.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

In our way to Niagara Falls we stay the night of December 30. And the hotel was awesome. Quiet, small but large in details, it looks like a tiny luxury hotel. It have a bar that offers the basic so you can rest of a hard driving day. The lobby have a beautiful fireplace and a little convenience store for snacks. The good morning breakfast complements this fantastic hotel. The only thing is that it looks that is in the middle of nowhere but maybe I'm wrong because don't know too much about Syracuse. I would stay again for more than one night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during our business / weekend getaway. My wife and I just loved it Very nice looking room huge and very comfortable king size bed. All white sheets very clean . Bathroom very clean and oder free. Mini fridge coffee maker flat screen TV ( a little hard to get at the HDMI ports as I had my laptop with but I got it ;) ) just an overall great updated room . Free parking a little cramped but hey it's free :) the bartender was great and super friendly right along with the staff . Definitely recommend this hotel . Oh almost forgot the best part their shuttle service free by the way was top notch . The driver recommended a very nice restaurant for us it was awesome. Its only a block away from the hotel called Phoebe's a must go! We will definitely come back to parkview hotel the next time we come back to Syracuse. Paredes 1-10 - 1-12.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided last minute to take a trip for an over night stay in Syracuse. On Trip Advisor this hotel got very good reviews. I can say that I totally agree. The staff is duper friendly and helpful. When we arrived in our room I noticed that the heating unit was making a little chirping sound. Now being as we both are light sleepers I knew this would be a problem when we would try to sleep. One quick call to the front desk and we were moved right away with no issue.

The rooms are very clean and bright. We had a King Bed that looked over the main street and all park across the street. The bed was extremely comfortable.

The hotel looks like it was an old apartment building but has been completely renovated. When we come back to Syracuse we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alan B
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Parkview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Alan B,

Our staff was really happy to read your review. Thank you so much for your kind comments and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We look forward to your next visit!