“5 stars.”
Review of 317 @ Montgomery

317 @ Montgomery
Reserve with OpenTable
317 @ Montgomery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 692 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Everything about the meal was exceptional. The menu is eclectic and really has something for everyone. The ambiance can't be beat. This is without a doubt one of the best meals I've ever had. Definitely be sure to try the 317 BLT appetizer- you won't be disappointed!

There are newer reviews for 317 @ Montgomery

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Last Saturday, two of my friends and I, celebrated our birthdays at The 317 and were so delighted with the experience I had to write this. From the fresh and just-right-dressed salads to the amuse bouche of little lamb meatballs to our varied entrees, the experience was first class. My braised duck thigh and seared duck breast with a savory bread pudding and sautéed chard was rich with deep flavors without being heavy or greasy. It was also cooked to perfection, tender and moist, which can be a problem with duck breast which in a very good Alexandria VA restaurant some months ago at much higher prices took ages to chew because of toughness. Our beverages were reasonably priced - I had a split of prosecco for $7, as was the whole meal with entrees coming in under $30. I did not have room to sample my friends' entrees but both raved about their respective seafood and vegetarian choices. My vegetarian friend was especially impressed with her dish, a wild mushroom, asparagus, goat cheese strudel, with Swiss chard, and blistered tomatoes as often vegetarian choices in gourmet restaurants are the red-headed orphan on the menu. Serving were generous and the service attentive without being in-your-face. No "my name is Griselda and I'll be your server tonight", thanks to the restaurant gods! The ambience was warm, and understated with white cloth table cloths, lots of wood, good crystal, and felt like a special place to be eating. I only wished we'd thought to reserve a table in the window in front! But our spot was fine, too, and quiet so that we could actually have a conversation! In short, if you want a New York city experience at Syracuse prices - go directly and immediately to The 317. It is somewhat hidden away on a not major street (Montgomery) in the heart of downtown. The good news is that parking was a non-issue. Bon appetite! Kate A

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Family dining for four adults. Excellent cheese platter and entrées. Wine list a little short but good pickings. The staff was very attentive. The evening was a sucess for all.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I have lived in Syracuse my entire life and have traveled extensively out of the country including owning a home in Europe. This is the first time that I have ever experienced a restaurant like 317 in our town. The food is great. It reminds me of a great restaurant in a big city without the stupid prices.

1  Thank lawyer1967
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Had supper there with my wife prior to seeing the Moody Blues last night. The food was very good, as was the wine. The location and the decor are excellent. The only negatives I would say, would be a little lack of polish on the part of our waitress...she didn't allow me to taste the wine I'd ordered prior to pouring out a large portion for my wife and I. Otherwise she was very pleasant and attentive. As for the food, it was very tasty and we'll presented, though my beef was a little chewy and on the cool side and my wife found her scallops a little salty. Very minor complaints to be sure.