“Great food and service”
Review of 317 @ Montgomery

317 @ Montgomery
Reserve with OpenTable
317 @ Montgomery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 687 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Quebec City, Canada
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Family dining for four adults. Excellent cheese platter and entrées. Wine list a little short but good pickings. The staff was very attentive. The evening was a sucess for all.

Visited August 2014

Syracuse, New York
“Lifetime Syracuse Resident”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I have lived in Syracuse my entire life and have traveled extensively out of the country including owning a home in Europe. This is the first time that I have ever experienced a restaurant like 317 in our town. The food is great. It reminds me of a great restaurant in a big city without the stupid prices.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank lawyer1967
Canada
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Had supper there with my wife prior to seeing the Moody Blues last night. The food was very good, as was the wine. The location and the decor are excellent. The only negatives I would say, would be a little lack of polish on the part of our waitress...she didn't allow me to taste the wine I'd ordered prior to pouring out a large portion for my wife and I. Otherwise she was very pleasant and attentive. As for the food, it was very tasty and we'll presented, though my beef was a little chewy and on the cool side and my wife found her scallops a little salty. Very minor complaints to be sure.

“Innovative and Flavorful”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This restaurant remains undiscovered. My wife and I came on a Friday night, but there were only 2 other couples. The offerings were innovative and very rich with flavor. For example, the 317 BLT appetizer is a piece of marinated pork belly (I love pork belly!) on a french bed style toast with garnish. My duck entree featured seared duck breast (strong game flavor; must be aged), braised duck leg, and duck bacon infused bread pudding. My wife's Onion Bisque soup was light cream based with sweet Vadalia flavor ("awesome," she says).

They also provided complimentary treats such as deep fried crusted lamb ball dumplings on crushed apple and a variety of home baked breads with three types of butter.

I have seen other reviews that considered the restaurant expensive and with small portions. However I consider the food to be fairly priced for the quality and the portions were more than we could finish. Wine is moderately priced. I look forward to trying more dishes.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank RTZ2
New York City, New York
“Nice space, good presentation. Food ok”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The restaurant is in a nice old building and extremely charming. Our service was good and the food presentation was attractive and creative. The farm to table idea with fine dining is what The 317 is going for which is not that easy to find in Syracuse, so if that's what you're looking for this is worth checking out. In saying that, the food was good but not memorable for the fine dining it has the potential to be. I think there's a lot of potential so would try it again next visit, sorta felt like it may be a young restaurant and needs some time.

• Visited June 2014