“Good food and games”

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good food and games”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Good food...average bar type food. Kids loved the giant screen tv's. Kids loved the games. Plenty of entertainment.

Visited March 2014

Clay, NY
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Worst meal and service ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Dave & Buster's for lunch. It was our first visit and I told the waitress this but she offered no help with how things work (eat & play). We had plenty of time to figure everything out because service was very slow. We ordered the BBQ chips which were awful. They tasted like burnt potato chips. Our waitress never came back to see how we were doing. A different waitress brought our food out, I told her about the chips and she took them back and had our waitress remove them from the bill. Luckily I asked the other waitress to bring me a water, our waitress never came back. We ordered a cheese burger and the chicken and waffles, both were cold. The burger was ordered medium well and was beyond rare. Along with being cold the chicken strips on the waffles were so hard I couldn't even cut them with a steak knife. Our waitress FINALLY came over and asked how everything was. I told her not good and she said she was sorry, understandably not her fault the food was awful but the lack of service was. Offered to bring the manager over I said no please give me the check, I didn't want her to disappear again for an hour. We told her nicely that we would never come back. Paid $36 for the worst meal ever! She was talking to a man with our check letting him know we were not happy. I assumed that it was the manager and maybe he would come over even though I said no but he never did.
Being a new restaurant you would think management would visit each table to get feedback on how they are doing, but never once saw a manager and only saw our waitress a couple times briefly.
Really, when I say it was the worst meal ever that is no exaggeration! I only gave it one star because I had to choose something in order to post my review. No stars is really what Dave & Buster's deserves.

Visited March 2014
Syracuse, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun family night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Dinner was very good - they offered special attention to my son who has several food allergies - the manager even came out with a 'special menu' stating what was 'safe' for him to eat, and guaranteed fresh use of gloves when preparing his food!!! Not too many restaurants go to this extent! Games are a little pricy, but we expected that! Overall, great atmosphere, excellent wait staff and courteous manager....games are very entertaining as well!

Visited February 2014
Liverpool, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Unsure why the bad reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My son and husband absolutely love this place, and well I do too. For Me it was the food. I have a gluten allergy and they prepared my food separate and brought it out w a plastic cover on it so it wouldn't get contaminated. It was excellent and I felt secure eating it that I wouldn't have a reaction from cross contamination like I tend to. I had ordered shrimp and it was really good! As for the arcade I think it is the perfect size for my 8 year old. Just enough games for him to enjoy, but not too big that I lose him or end up overspending.

Upstate NY
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Hoped for much more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Not impressed at all. No pool, no pinball, no classic games although they are in the ads. Mostly full of variations on 3 games:

1) stuff you can play on your phone in larger versions (Ok, tag team Fruit Ninja on a 3ft screen was actually pretty cool)

2) racing games: snow mobile, boat, motorcycle, nascar, all running on the same game engine. Extremely weak by any arcades standards.

3) shoot things walking at you with guns.

Synched racing games were very non-intuitive, and more than once we wasted credits racing separately instead of against each other. Not as much fun, and surprisingly frustrating when it seemed to happen every other time. It is also intentionally impossible to figure out how much anything costs, because you do it all with a card, and all the games cost different amounts of "credits". Kinda left us with a bit of a creepy nickel-and-dimed feeling.

A few air hockey tables, and a bunch of boardwalk/state fair-style games that generate tickets for useless stuff held no appeal for us.

Crowd was mostly 20-something, neck-tattooed dirtbags, shuffling around in huge pants and cockeyed hats, a surprising number pushing strollers.

Food was weak/bland and a bit expensive considering, and the service was adequate. There were like 10 people working behind the bar, all of them seeming to be doing every job, resulting in everything being slow. We watched our drinks sit at the service point for at least 10 minutes. I've heard this is about the lamest Dave & Busters of the chain. Even though this is the only one I've been to, I can't say I am surprised.

A positive note: the TVs are huge and well placed for "bar arena" style viewing, probably a fun place to watch a game.

Visited December 2013