“Very reliable and great food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hafner's Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #60 of 681 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Very reliable and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We returned as we were visiting and we know the Hafner's is close to the airport.

We were there about 2pm so it was quiet and we were served quickly and easily.

I love shepherd's pie and it is always good. My wife loves the soup and salad.

Just what we wanted.

• Visited November 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Good local restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had a perfectly cooked filet mignon with a delicious baked potato on the side. Nice lively ambiance--not a quiet place but not overly loud. Fair prices. Adequate wine list.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Almost_the_oldest
Syracuse, New York
“Nice neighborhood place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Recently moved and now live around the corner from this place. In the midst of unpacking boxes, we've come here a few times for either lunch or dinner. The menu is pretty good, great sandwiches and burgers. On Sundays and Tuesdays bottles of wine are half price with dinner. I recently had the fried seafood platter and thought it was excellent. It had clams casino on it, which is unusual for a platter and they were really good. The fish, shrimp and scallops were lightly dusted with a coating, not overwhelmed by it. On another trip I got the chicken with asparagus and rice in a cream sauce. It was ok. It was a bit boring, but I know that other people say they really like it. I thought it needed capers or lemon or something. My husband had a very good steak on one trip. Decent wine list, good beer selection, they mix a good martini and my niece tells me this is THE place to watch NFL football.

• Visited July 2013
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Delicious Dinner with Relaxing Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

A friend and I ate dinner on a Tuesday night here. The dining room has comfortable booths and tables and is nicely decorated. Even though the bar is adjacent to the dining room, it was not noisy the night we were there which made for a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. I ordered chicken with asparagus in cream sauce and my friend had chicken marsala. Both entrees were really delicious and included a fresh green salad. Coffee was great as was the key lime pie which tasted homemade rather than out of a freezer box. Would definitely eat here again.

Visited July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“It's just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The menu was a little on the limited side, the facility is beginning to show its age, but the food was good. I went here for lunch with a girl friend and will probably go back in the future ... but it's just an average neighborhood place.

Visited November 2012