“Good local restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Good local restaurant”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had a perfectly cooked filet mignon with a delicious baked potato on the side. Nice lively ambiance--not a quiet place but not overly loud. Fair prices. Adequate wine list.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Almost_the_oldest

Syracuse, New York
“Nice neighborhood place”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Recently moved and now live around the corner from this place. In the midst of unpacking boxes, we've come here a few times for either lunch or dinner. The menu is pretty good, great sandwiches and burgers. On Sundays and Tuesdays bottles of wine are half price with dinner. I recently had the fried seafood platter and thought it was excellent. It had clams casino on it, which is unusual for a platter and they were really good. The fish, shrimp and scallops were lightly dusted with a coating, not overwhelmed by it. On another trip I got the chicken with asparagus and rice in a cream sauce. It was ok. It was a bit boring, but I know that other people say they really like it. I thought it needed capers or lemon or something. My husband had a very good steak on one trip. Decent wine list, good beer selection, they mix a good martini and my niece tells me this is THE place to watch NFL football.

• Visited July 2013
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Delicious Dinner with Relaxing Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

A friend and I ate dinner on a Tuesday night here. The dining room has comfortable booths and tables and is nicely decorated. Even though the bar is adjacent to the dining room, it was not noisy the night we were there which made for a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. I ordered chicken with asparagus in cream sauce and my friend had chicken marsala. Both entrees were really delicious and included a fresh green salad. Coffee was great as was the key lime pie which tasted homemade rather than out of a freezer box. Would definitely eat here again.

Visited July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“It's just ok”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The menu was a little on the limited side, the facility is beginning to show its age, but the food was good. I went here for lunch with a girl friend and will probably go back in the future ... but it's just an average neighborhood place.

Visited November 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
“Don't let the exterior fool you”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

From the outside, this place looks like a non-descript, run-of-the-mill burger and beer place. Don't let that fool you - the food was great. I had an outstanding sandwich (the "short fat guys") that was easily big enough to share (but since I was by myself, I ate it all!!). They also did something interesting with the sweet potato fries - they served them with a small container of maple syrup. It was a pleasant evening, so I sat on the patio, enjoyed my sandwich and Guinness (on tap), and read my book. It was a pleasant end to a day of business meetings, and I'd go back to Hafner's.

• Visited June 2013